Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can XBMC display a 'Wall of Album Covers'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently switched from Windows 7 Media Centre to XBMC (OpenELEC). One of the reasons I switched was that the media library in Windows kept loosing track of most of our music library (it's a known problem in Windows once your library gets beyond a certain size).

So now we are loving the fact that all our music is available on the HTPC, but one feature I liked in Windows was how the albums are displayed as a 'Wall of Album Covers' - we didn't need to drill down into the artists folders. If we wanted to, we could display albums by Artist, Genre, etc.

Can XBMC do a similar 'Wall of Covers'?
Hi calris,

Yes XBMC can display wall of covers - but it is skin depended.

Every skin is a bit different then other, and almost all are different in features and views you get.

I am currently using Aeon MQ4 Sc skin - this one has view you are looking for.

Thanks - I installed the Aeon Nox skin which provides exactly the view I'm after.

Overall I love it, but the better half is not so sure (the text is a little small). Either way, the WAF is much higher than Windows 7 Media Center Smile
well you can play around with skins until you find one that suites you best.

Some skins have bigger fonts, as far as I can tell some are designed for 1080 and some for 720 resolution.

Cirrus Extended has a bit larger font....

Remember that you can customize every skin backgrounds and (depending on skin) info shown and so on. Nod

enjoy your xbmc Cool