Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC without a monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Wondered what the best way to achieve this is?

I'd like a small box - maybe a Raspberry - that will play streamed music in a room without a TV, where we don't really want a TV.

It'll be networked and we have an Android tablet, an Android phone and a Windows phone.

Is there a decent remote client that will give me full remote control of the box, and be able to see what's on the screen so I can navigate around?

Thanks!
xbmc is available in beta for android
Ah - thanks - but my tablet is not connected to the speakers in the room, and it wouldn't be easy to do it, so not that viable.
I think garbear had a great write up on setting up something just like this with a Raspberry-Pi, but I can't find the link for the life of me.
Thank you - I've had a good search around but not found anything yet. Please post something up if you do find it - I'll keep checking back.
Have you thought about using an Xbox with XBMC on it. They can be had for a low cost and could be controlled by a remote (Android I believe) made for XBMC4Xbox. If you are in the USA I have a few boxes I can part with, send me a message if you are interested.
The Android remotes don't show you what's on screen, but they do cache the library so you can easily find what you want to listen to on your phone and then play it on the XBMC box. It's not exactly what you want, but it works well and is how I have XBMC setup.