Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to use DVD ordering, explicit instructions please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
Trying to figure this out one more time before I give up.

I have the DVD set of Firefly and it's in this order:
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

I renamed my files exactly like this:

Firefly s01e01 - Serenity
Firefly s01e02 - The Train Job
Firefly s01e14 - Objects in Space

This is how they are listed on the TV DB's DVD order page, and this is how they are listed on my DVDs.

In XBMC, I select this subdirectory (within my TV directory, which uses air date ordering), and I select the Firefly folder, and adjust the settings to "DVD Order".
I click OK.

When I scan the item in the library, the listing shows up in AIRED order, however, all the file names still match the episode titles in the AIRED order. In other words, they are in THIS order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...rder=aired

What I want is XBMC to display the DVD order. Is this possible?
What am I doing wrong?
Anyone?
Night time bump.
Maybe you've set your sort order to sort by Date instead of by Episode?
It is indeed sorted by episode...
I have Firefly set up the exact same way and they display in proper DVD order for me, and still allows me to list to aired order by sorting by Date if I wanted to, so I'm not sure what's going on with your setup.
Ok.

Let me see if I'm just doing something totally wrong here...
I don't know what can be going on.

I've set it to sort by Order and it comes out in this order:
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...rder=aired

Do you think maybe I should make a separate folder to scan "DVD Order TV", for instance...

Do you all your TV in one folder?

/Television/
/Television [DVD Order]/

Would that fix this issue, you think?

Are you running Frodo?
I'm using Frodo, yes.

I have all TV shows in a single folder which is set to aired date and then manually changed just the Firefly folder to use DVD order, just like you.

I'm not sure what you mean by sort by Order, I'm guessing this is a typo and you meant Episode? Have you tried to sort by "Prod code"?
Yes, I've tried production code.

If you have the ability easily, can you show me a screenshot of the screen in which Serenity (should be) is listed as episode #1...
Blargh, this shouldn't be that confusing, which is why it's frustrating me!!

Thanks for the help though, sialivi
Did you already have Firefly scanned into the library as Aired order before you changed it to DVD order and re-scanned?

If you did; did you remove the show from the library first?
No, I set it as DVD order before I scanned it in.
OK.
I set it as Prod. Code, left the screen, came back, and it's in DVD order!!!

Now the only issue is that this view has been applied to all of my episode screens!
Dangit... is there anyway to isolate these settings to Firefly?
Unfortunately Not as far as I know...

(2012-11-16, 07:25)roach9 Wrote: [ -> ]OK.
I set it as Prod. Code, left the screen, came back, and it's in DVD order!!!

Now the only issue is that this view has been applied to all of my episode screens!
Dangit... is there anyway to isolate these settings to Firefly?

Yes, just "set content" for the Firefly folder (from Videos -> Files) directly. This will override the content settings for the parent folder, but only for that specific TV show.
Thanks again sialivi, +1'd
(2012-11-16, 07:42)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, just "set content" for the Firefly folder (from Videos -> Files) directly. This will override the content settings for the parent folder, but only for that specific TV show.

He was talking about the sort order.

Pages: 1 2