Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: bring up the on-screen-display controls (OSD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
please find first my configuration:

Platform: ATV2
Version of iOS: 4.3 (2557)
XBMC 11.0 Git:20121026-c58d27b (Compiled: Oct 26 2012)
install versionConfusedsh -> apt-get update

I have the problem that I cannot open bring up the "on-screen-display controls" anymore.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...Display.29

Usually by pressing the OK-button long while watching a movie, the menu where inter alia the subtitles can be swithed on/off appears.

Currently the is no difference in pressing the Ok-button long (should result in the appearance of the on-screen-display controls) or short (pause). In both case the movie only pauses.
So I have no possibility to disable the subtitles that are switched on by default.

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Thank you very much for your support in advance.
best regards
fploink
Tried it on beta1 and its working. Maybe your battery is low in the remote?
I have the same issue, but with Beta1 and all the previous nightlies. It's just impossible to hold the menu or the middle button. The ATV2 reacts like its only getting a single click. Only works in 1 of 20 tries.
Also replaced the battery in the remote.
Had this problem a year ago. My solution was to move the ATV2 away from the TV. For some reason the IR from the TV was disturbing the signal. Cant explain why but it helped me:-)
Otherwise try changing battery.
(2012-11-17, 11:13)djungelola Wrote: [ -> ]Had this problem a year ago. My solution was to move the ATV2 away from the TV. For some reason the IR from the TV was disturbing the signal. Cant explain why but it helped me:-)
Otherwise try changing battery.

well sir! that solved my problem! Also pointing the remote more directly at the atv Big Grin.
Strange issue!

Thank you! That made my day a little more awsome beacuse it's my 30th birthday Big Grin