Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, really like the prospects of this addon, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there anychance the addon would work in xbmc for android?

Thanks
Lee
(2013-02-12, 23:17)lmorriso Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, really like the prospects of this addon, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there anychance the addon would work in xbmc for android?

Thanks
Lee

Hi Lee, In the future this will be possible as skygo does already work on android currently. At the minute we are concentrating on getting sky fully working in a PC environment and integrating within xbmc. Its a difficult task as its sky and there are numerous security obstacles to overcome and this has taken time already to get around their silverlight interface.

The main issue with security I can now say has been solved and its just a matter of coding all the channels and resolving a problem with the login cache.

Keep checking the post for details of future developments.

XbmcMike

Skygo Creator
(2013-02-13, 00:21)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-12, 23:17)lmorriso Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, really like the prospects of this addon, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there anychance the addon would work in xbmc for android?

Thanks
Lee

Hi Lee, In the future this will be possible as skygo does already work on android currently. At the minute we are concentrating on getting sky fully working in a PC environment and integrating within xbmc. Its a difficult task as its sky and there are numerous security obstacles to overcome and this has taken time already to get around their silverlight interface.

The main issue with security I can now say has been solved and its just a matter of coding all the channels and resolving a problem with the login cache.

XbmcMike

Skygo Creator

Hi Mike,

Brilliant thats great news, Im a web developer work in php, css. html and cms systems mainly, familiar with ssh, unix linux etc If can help in anyway let me know.

Regards
Lee
(2013-02-13, 17:49)lmorriso Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-13, 00:21)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
Lee

XbmcMike

Skygo Creator

Hi Mike,

Brilliant thats great news, Im a web developer work in php, css. html and cms systems mainly, familiar with ssh, unix linux etc If can help in anyway let me know.

Regards
Lee

we do have a problem with internet explorer 8 and above, the login cache, when we load up a channel and then try to call another sky channel it asks us for credentials again (well you get a blank screen) pressing f5 to refresh the screen clears this and you can see the next channel. even when we have the credentials stored. If we use a batch file with a command i have to delete temp files from cache the channels load fine the the call adds extra load to the exe file.
any ideas?
the main skygo exe we have is written in c#

MIke
Oh so thats why i have to keep pressing F5 to have the screen reappear, gotcha.
when this finally works, It'll be ace. Any further updates today fella?
Super Mike and Pleng. I'm here to cheer you both on :-)

How we all going?

N
Any update fella's?
Any updates chaps?
i love this and would love to not have to VNC onto my box to watch SKY GO

Im happy to buy you both a few beers for your hard work! im sure im not the only one either!
HI guys , Sorry there hasnt been any updates for a while We both have mountains of work, Im out this afternoon for a site survey and had a mail from Pleng saying hes still busy with his project in Thailand.

Will update as soon as we can get our heads together !!

Mike
Thanks for the up Mike!
Work does pay the bills! Smile
Very nice Addon!

What can i do to get it working with german SkyGo?

http://www.skygo.sky.de/systemcheck
(2013-02-12, 13:25)prawnee Wrote: [ -> ]Sod the beer, if you and Pleng get this working I'll give you both a cuddle!

Thanks, but beer is preferred to be honest!

(2013-02-14, 00:36)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]we do have a problem with internet explorer 8 and above, the login cache...

The problem isn't with IE8 and above. It's appears to be a random problem - clearly it's not random, but without more data on who's using what system we can't figure it out.
For instance I am testing a WinXP VM with IE8, and not having the problem. Also running on Win7 x64 both native and inside a VM, both using I.E.9 and don't have the problem... if I could only find a setup that generates the problem it would be a lot easier to try and fix!
(2013-03-01, 18:46)Longi Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice Addon!

What can i do to get it working with german SkyGo?

http://www.skygo.sky.de/systemcheck

Hi, we currently dont have any login details or VPN / DNS tunnels for germany/austria so its difficult for us to test the skygo add on for germany.

The best thing you coud do is login, go to the tv section select a channel and in the tv windowed environment and if the option is there for running skygo in desktop mode(bottom right of your tv window) click it and hopefully a link should appear for that channel, Thats the channel ID we need to make skygo run. Copy it and send it to me.

You have to have that for every channel. Just send me one to start with though lol.

If you could send me one of those we can see if it will run through the app.

Best Wishes

XbmcMike
Skygo XBMC Founder
Well here goes, Proud to announce our new version, Thanks to PLenG for all his hard work this weekend we are one step closer and now require your testing and feedback again people.

New version now on start page Ver 1.7b2013. Install instructions and manual updated. Please read.

Regards

XBMCmike
Xbmc Skygo Founder/Creator

Xbmc Skygo Team
Installed - working fine seams to take considerably longer to log in than the last 1.7b version.
Seams to be a small bug that the sky channel selection doesn't disappear unless I move the mouse.
Are there future plans to allow channel selection and favouriting within Xbmc or for some integration with tvguide to allow a epg.