Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-05, 21:36)ltsmashie Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I'm sure i'm doing something stupid wrong.

I've just followed the tutorial in post 1, and have setup skygo following this guide - changed the cfg file etc, but when i launch the program it never gets past the connecting to skygo stage.... This is both when using it through advanced launcher and when outside of xbmc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Does the htpc i'm using have to be one of the managed devices on skygo for this to work?

Yup has to be a managed device or it will stick on loading or the username and password arnt specified in the cfg file.

Mike

(2013-03-06, 00:00)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-05, 20:51)nashmills Wrote: [ -> ]All working here thank you except for the need to press F5 after selecting a channel.

Frodo/Windows 8 Pro

Im getting the same.
Windows 7

It seems there is still some issues with the cache !!! aaaaah !
(2013-03-05, 15:57)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-01, 18:46)Longi Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice Addon!

What can i do to get it working with german SkyGo?

http://www.skygo.sky.de/systemcheck

Hi, we currently dont have any login details or VPN / DNS tunnels for germany/austria so its difficult for us to test the skygo add on for germany.

The best thing you coud....

I highly doubt this will ever work with the German version of SkyGo. It relies on directly visiting urls (which will definately be different on the german version), and injecting data into the login boxes (which will probably be named differently in the german version).

Plus, if the login process is different in anyway, the entire workflow would need to be recoded.

(2013-03-05, 16:37)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-05, 16:34)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]Are there future plans to allow channel selection and favouriting within Xbmc or for some integration with tvguide to allow a epg.
thanks that's great news!

Features:
Almost definitely.

The major headache was the cache issue. Now thats resolved we might be able to start adding features.

I'm sorry Mike, I have no plans to start adding any more features - I just don't have the time!
I created this because I wanted a way to watch the Formula 1 races from my XBMC installation - that's all. I shared it because it's the only reasonable thing to do - seeing as I'd have never had a starting point without your urls/batch files. The whole cache thing was an annoyance as it's been trying to fix a problem I don't even have. Once that's resolved for everybody - I'm done with this.

For people *still* having problems. Can you check your SkyGo.cfg. and be aware of what the following lines do:

Quote:screen2=false
set this to TRUE if you want SkyGo to load on your SECOND monitor

hidemousepointer=true
Set this to TRUE to hide the mouse cursor

exitonbackspace=true
USe backspace to exit, as well as alt-f4

refreshonload=true
Send an f5 key to the browser after the page has loaded
USE this if you've been having the "F5" issue.
SWITCH IT OFF if you haven't - it should speed things up

If people continue to have issues, I might try switching the Internet Explorer plugin with a firefox based one.
After that, I'm done I'm afraid.
I would just like to add to plengs post and say thank you for all your work Pleng and you have done more than I really expected you to do. This project is a complicated one and when I took this on it was very much in its infancy and I managed to find some loopholes in skygo to exploit the silverlight plugin in order to play channels directly without the need to logon.

I would have probably never got the project further than making the skygo play fullscreen and on its own without the help from Pleng. Making the coding work and menu system came from pleng and his ideas.
So I guess we all owe him a big thank you, I hope he falls back in love with the project but I know its hard with current work commitments. I am the same, We do this in our spare time as a hobby, We both have full time jobs.

What I need is someone who can code in C# or python to come on board and give me/us a hand whenever they can to try to finish this project.

I will try my best to keep pushing my knowledge of Silverlight and code but I admittedly I am not a coder. I'm a Senior network security engineer lol.

Best Wishes and hope that anyone interested in keeping this project alive can help out.(PM if you think you can help)

XbmcMike

Xbmc Skygo Creator/founder
is there a way to add one of the channels (sky sports news!) to the favourites in xbmc? so when you click it it just launches into the channel.
Understandably this is a complex plugin which needs time spent on it to finish.

There was a version of this plugin which was withdrawn but it had additional functions which 1.6 doesn't have. Like the ability to change channels with a remote. Is this correct? If so can this be re hosted for Dow load?
I appreciate all the time you both have so far invested in the app
Thanks
N
(2013-03-06, 17:18)nick w Wrote: [ -> ]Understandably this is a complex plugin which needs time spent on it to finish.

There was a version of this plugin which was withdrawn but it had additional functions which 1.6 doesn't have. Like the ability to change channels with a remote. Is this correct? If so can this be re hosted for Dow load?
I appreciate all the time you both have so far invested in the app
Thanks
N

This version has this ability. Once in the sky service press 5 to bring up a menu on the channels.
With the channel Ids something shod be able to be put together that allows favouriting and integration with tvguide. I have an idea on how this might work but ill need to do some testing before saying anymore.
Can you share the original version which was pulled so I can dabble.
(2013-03-06, 00:32)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ][quote='ltsmashie' pid='1357019' dateline='1362512213']
Hey,

I'm sure i'm doing something stupid wrong.

I've just followed the tutorial in post 1, and have setup skygo following this guide - changed the cfg file etc, but when i launch the program it never gets past the connecting to skygo stage.... This is both when using it through advanced launcher and when outside of xbmc.

I am having the same problem (v1.7b). However, If I launch it about 3 times, the first launch kicks in after a few minutes but it pretty much locks my PC up. I have now tried v1.6b and that works fine. I am not particularly technical but I thought I would give you some feedback about the latest version.

I am using frodo, Win 7 HP, IE 9 and latest Silverlight

Also, is there anyway to access 'on demand' content through the plugin?

Many thanks for a great app.
(2013-03-06, 14:50)krish_2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to add one of the channels (sky sports news!) to the favourites in xbmc? so when you click it it just launches into the channel.

Yup. Set up a new launcher. Call it whatever you like ("Sky Sports News" sounds like a good one!) And set the commandline to be SkyGo.exe channelnumber

So for Sky Sports News you would type:
SkyGo.exe 439

Then add that launcher to your faviorites

(2013-03-07, 03:02)jgt75 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is there anyway to access 'on demand' content through the plugin?

No
Setting the commandline. Is that in the launcher shortcut or in the sky cfg file?
Sorry I'm trying to picture this before I do this tonight when I get home.

Thanks
N
Great job....thanks a lot....

but this version don't works with SkyGo ITALIA.
When i launch the executable I complete the captcha request and then I receive an error sign-in..
Where is my error?

Thanks a lot
(2013-03-09, 16:24)cyber201 Wrote: [ -> ]Great job....thanks a lot....

but this version don't works with SkyGo ITALIA.

Correct. This doesn't work with SkyGo ITALIA, Germany or anywhere else

Maybe we should ask a mod to change the subject to SkyGo (UK) Working in XBMC?
confused about the command line!

I see no option for it in the advanced launcher.
Hi guy, is this still being worked on as I'm still getting a prob with the cache and still have to press F5, also on the channels list, I don't think every channel is there is it, like ESPN?

Thanks for all the hard work
(2013-03-10, 14:23)krish_2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]confused about the command line!

I see no option for it in the advanced launcher.

You don't need an option for it...

instead of typing "C:\[folder]\SkyGo.exe" as the application to launche, type "C:\[folder]\SkyGo.exe [channelNumber]"