Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my method you wont need to use the batch files! You will be able to open each to each individual channel from the epg and then close back to the epg. Just putting the final pieces together and ill post tomorrow
(2013-03-12, 01:49)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]my method you wont need to use the batch files! You will be able to open each to each individual channel from the epg and then close back to the epg. Just putting the final pieces together and ill post tomorrow

Sounds sweet. You kept this under wraps. Big Grin
A lot of trial and error today - this is still using the skygo.exe (so if you are having any issues there are not going to be gone) this is just putting the bells and whistles around it to make it more user friendly.
The only prob I have is the cache issue and not having the ability to access espn
(2013-03-11, 18:06)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Mike but that line of code didnt work. Im also stumped as to why i keep having to press f5 to refresh it, whereas others dont. Its driving me insane Smile

hi if you can run skygo the (internet one) and sign in and when you get the channel you wanted so ESPN click on the open a desktop popout(its the square in the 2nd bottom right of the sliverlight window of your channel.
Then in the top of the popout window should be a line of code(thats the channel ID) copyt and past that line into your channels.cfg file along with the bit at the beginning like all the other channels in there eg 443-ESPN=THEN THE COPIED CODE

that should do it

The F5 issue is driving me and PlenG insane too. Its all to do with windows 7 and your browser choice.

I have the same issue with my win 7 laptop.

Using XP or Vista it works fine !!!! aaargh !!!

Mike

(2013-03-12, 01:59)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of trial and error today - this is still using the skygo.exe (so if you are having any issues there are not going to be gone) this is just putting the bells and whistles around it to make it more user friendly.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated, Think this project is a lot bigger than i thought judging by how many views ive had!

Mike
Thanks mike, I'll try that. Lol at the F5 refresh. Its annoying isnt it Smile
ESPN missing may be my fault as I dont have a subscription to ESPN - so didnt include it in the original channel ids I did for Mike. If you could send me the line of code I will add it in.
Wow, well interested Syborg!!
keep us updated!

Thanks
N
(2013-03-12, 17:52)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks mate/
http://go.sky.com/vod/content/Home/conte...dLiveTv.do

Excellent work - got this working too - tells me I'm not subscribed but it seems to work. Just adding this to instructions and then I will post.
brilliant man.
Wish I knew how to fix this cache thing rather than harassing you guys all the time. I have no clue lol, Im just thankful that you guys know your shit. Smile
As promised a step by step guide for integrating this skygo.exe with the TVGuide Addon. I have tried to make this as easy a possible and taken as much messing about as possible out but it is still quite long.

All the credit really goes to mjeyre and PlenG who did the original coding without which this wouldn't be possible.

Repo
Repo - http://xbmc-skygo.googlecode.com/files/r...-1.0.1.zip

Step 1 -
Download and install the repo from above.
Then install Skygo Launcher - go to configuration and enter your login details.

Step 2 - Only Required if you want freeview channels too.
Favourite all TVCatchup V1 channels

Step 3
Install TVGuide Syborg Mod from the above repo.

Step 4
Open TVGuide configuration and select channels - click update channel list

Step 5
Open Configuration again clear cache then download xmltv file

Step 6
Once download has finished - open tvguide and let it load the xmltv file in

Step 7
Open configuration and run the Channel sort & logos

and that is it you now should open tvguide and it should be fully populated.

Updated 25/03/13 - Changed instructions for caching issue.
Updated 26/03/13 - Made some changes to some icons to provide better contrast against the TVGuide background.
Updated 29/03/13 - New Channels added and channel numbers changed - Instructions http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1381563 (Only required for people who used the setup instructions before 02/04/13)
Updated 02/04/13 - Updated main instructions with the more recent changes - adding instruction to give an epg for sky disney.
Updated 24/04/13 - Updated to new repo instructions
Updated 13/05/13 - Updated with new instruction - TVGuide Syborg Mod - XMLTV file download integration

Please feel free to post any issues.
great stuff, looking forward to trying this out.

got any screenshots?

well done to the OP and everyone involved, I think people have tried to get this working for ages, so you have succeeded where others have failed Big Grin
(2013-03-12, 20:03)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]great stuff, looking forward to trying this out.

got any screenshots?

well done to the OP and everyone involved, I think people have tried to get this working for ages, so you have succeeded where others have failed Big Grin

I'll add some screenshots of some of the steps in now.
Since this is the thread to ask, does anyone know of anyway to improve SkyGo performance? All the streams (BBC, ITV etc) work fine, but SkyGo runs like shit and I never have verticle sync.