Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-26, 11:52)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-26, 11:44)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-26, 11:24)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]no left that as i dont understand what that means, i will delete it now and see what happens, thanks.

EdiT; deleted the rom argument and all seems fine again, still got the xbmclauncher problem as stated above but im lookin into that, can cope for now, thanks for all ur help syborg :>

I didn't even know there were settings you could change on xbmclauncher. Lol. I just installed it and didn't do anything else. It could be a mouse thing - if you have xbmclauncher installed then use the mouse it could be trying to take you back to xbmc. Just something else to to test out.

try changing the cfg file mouse argument to =false

xbmcmike

I have changed the cfg file argument for the mouse to false still same prob, for what ever reason i cannot run xbmclauncher and the skygo exe with advanced launcher, im not fussed at the mo to be honest enjoying the skygo app, finding it just as effective running it via desktop as in xbmc, it beats go via the web :>
the advanced launcher dosnt run xbmc launcher, the xbmclauncher.exe is run on its own and will setup on its own.

sorry if thats not what you meant.

xbmc launcher is just a standard windows program the gives xbmc priority.

XBMCMike
Hey just working through setting this up for the first time and am having a problem where the skygo channel launches in the background behind xbmc. I'm having to use the delete cache method as was getting black screen. If I try and launch skygo.exe though instead of skygo.bat then it does launch in front of xbmc but then obviously get the blank screen. I've tried with and without xbmc launcher installed but doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas? Many thanks
(2013-03-27, 21:18)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]the advanced launcher dosnt run xbmc launcher, the xbmclauncher.exe is run on its own and will setup on its own.

sorry if thats not what you meant.

xbmc launcher is just a standard windows program the gives xbmc priority.

XBMCMike

I just worded it wrong, i know that advanced launcher is a prog within xbmc and that xbmclauncher is a windows app, like i said my prob is if i have xbmclauncher installed on windows and then setup skygo in xbmc using advanced launcher for what ever reason xbmc takes priority over skygo after 10 secs which its set to do i am aware of that, but it stops me using skygo, the only way for me to get it working is to uninstall xbmclauncher and everything works well apart from when i close skygo within xbmc it goes to my desktop and minimises xbmc, nothing major....
For everyone's information - there's been a couple of additions to the skygo channel lineup. Channel 4, More 4, Universal, Syfy, Eurosport 2 and Star Plus
Also there has been a couple changes to the movies. Sky Indie is now called Sky Movies Select and Sky Movies Classics has been changed to Sky Disney Movies.

I'm updating things just now should be ready before the end of the night.

Turns out quite a few channel numbers have changed slightly bigger job than first suspected! Updated launcher and channel list coming soon!
****Please note this section is outdated - Please see the original guide in my signature which has been updated - Sky Movies EPG now available****

OK here are the files to update the new channel numbers and channels along with new logos.

Full List of changes
- Various ChannelID changes
- Added Sky Movies Disney - No EPG as of yet awaiting RadioTimes Update - Workaround to get the channel in the listings below.
- Name of Sky Movies Indie changed to Sky Movies Select (Seems to be the same EPG data - so far probably more of a branding change than anything else - Modern Greats may have changed to just Greats Too but this has no effect at all on the guide)
- Added Channels Syfy, British Eurosport 2, Universal Channel, Star Plus and the Sky Movies Disney as stated above.

Files
channels.cfg - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/New%20...annels.cfg
New Launchers.xml
Cache Issue launchers.xml
Altnames - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/New%20...hnames.txt
clear.xml - A blank xml to refresh tvguide - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/Freevi...earEPG.xml

Epg Grabbers
Sky Only - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/New%20...%20sky.txt
Sky & Freeview - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/New%20...eeview.txt

EPG data for Sky Disney
Sky Movies Disney NOEPG.xml - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/New%20...0NoEPG.xml

Icons
New Icons.zip - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/New%20...0Icons.zip

Step 1
Copy channels.cfg into the C:\ folder replacing your original file.
Copy launchers.xml (or if you have the cache issue copy the cache issue launchers.xml - Rename to launchers.xml) into C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher
Replacing the original file - Note as before this will delete any other custom launchers you have so you will to open the file and copy these in manually if you do.
Copy altnames.txt to C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\scripts\uk_rt\ (providing you have installed XMLTV to the default location)
Extract new icons to your logos folder.

Step 2 - Update the Grabber
This section will depend on whether you have added the freeview channel or not to your TVGuide addon.

If you have only the sky channels rename the userchannels sky.txt file to userchannels.txt

If you have the Sky and Freeview channels rename the userchannels sky + freeview.txt to userchannels.txt

then whichever one you have done copy the file to C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings\UK_RT\

Step 3 - Add Custom EPG for the Sky Disney Channel.

Step 4 - Open XMLTV and go into the settings and Grabbers. Tick the box XMLTV_Import then go into the settings (If you have added the NoEpg Channels for freeview you will already have done this).

then navigate to the location of the Sky Movies Disney NOEPG.xml and select (If you have the Freeview Channels with No EPG the selec No EPG Channels.xml too [ctrl to select more than one file]) then Press OK back to the first page and grab listings.

Step 5 - Refreshing TVGuide.
Go into advanced Launcher favourite the new channels. (Sky Movies Select, Sky Movies Disney, Syfy, Universal, Star Plus)
In TVGuide Setting change the XmlTV file to the Clearepg.xml - open tvguide. This will not work as is cant find any information. Back in settings change back to the XMLTV GUI create xml, save and open tvguide and your are done.

Any questions/problems let me know.
Fantastic. I'll jump on this tomorrow. Do we replace everything with the new files you have listed above? Even the launcher XML?

Thanks for everyone's hard worm. Fantastic plugin
(2013-03-30, 19:42)nick w Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic. I'll jump on this tomorrow. Do we replace everything with the new files you have listed above? Even the launcher XML?

Thanks for everyone's hard worm. Fantastic plugin

Hi Nick, yeah if you follow all instructions everything needs to replaced. The launchers need to be replaced as a lot of the channel numbers changed which meant the settings in the launchers needed to be updated.

A future project is to get this as a standalone addon to allow automatic updates of the channels and logos etc - there is quite a few challenges involved in this but very tentively (if my theory matches practice and I find enough time) I would say I will have an very early alpha release in a month. This will probably be not a lot more than a custom TVGuide service with advanced launcher built in with the aim of building on it as time progresses.
(2013-03-28, 14:57)huzz456 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey just working through setting this up for the first time and am having a problem where the skygo channel launches in the background behind xbmc. I'm having to use the delete cache method as was getting black screen. If I try and launch skygo.exe though instead of skygo.bat then it does launch in front of xbmc but then obviously get the blank screen. I've tried with and without xbmc launcher installed but doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas? Many thanks

Is it only me getting this problem?
Huzz456 do you the same problem if you launch the bat file?
No it launches fine in full screen
Hi guys, this looks awesome and it's great that you have so much support for it. Smile

I presume the auto-login stuff with the latest versions is only working on 64-bit machines at the moment as I'm unable to install anything on my 32-bit Win XP machine... Weirdly my processor is actually 64-bit but I installed a 32-bit OS by mistake and have eveything set up on it now so don't want the hassle of having to re-install. I can get v1.4 of the SkyGO app working but get 'failed to initialise' errors whenever I try with 1.6 or 1.7. I followed the installation instructions and am getting this error when trying to launch runme, skygocache.bat and the skygo.exe files and I just wanted to check that it was the 64bit problem and nothing else I'm doing wrong...

Cheers again and keep up the really great work. Smile
Are you using the latest 1.7b file - I have a 32-bit machine it works on that.
(2013-04-01, 01:41)huzz456 Wrote: [ -> ]No it launches fine in full screen

Sorry, to clarify I mean if I launch the bat file manually outside of xbmc then it launches fine fullscreen its only when I try and do it through advanced launcher (TV guide) that it opens in the background. Basically xbmc is keeping focus so to control sky at this point I need to press alt tab to get to it then I can press backspace to close it if need be. (All other launchers I have work fine by the way, coming up on top of xbmc with focus)
(2013-04-01, 16:59)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the latest 1.7b file - I have a 32-bit machine it works on that.

Yeah I'm using the SkyGO1.7b2013 file from the skydrive link in the first post - I get

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Whenever I try runme, skygocache or skygo.

Ah, some simple googling of that error code would indicate it seems to be that I don't have .NET Framework installed. My bad and I shall get right on that - hopefully it will fix my problem. Smile Sorry to take up space/time in the thread but if others get this I guess it could be useful to know!