Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi syborg.
I followed your guide in posts 282 and sky go is working like a peach! The TV guide even populated with free view from my previous attempt at getting it to work. But when I selected after view channel it asked for a stream to open.

In that post (282) there is a link to free view setup. I went through that in a rush as I was going out and I now don't have my TV guide populated with any free view times and dates

I'll start the free view tutorial again. I'm right in thinking the post 282 Doesn't include the free view step and I have to go to the additional page?

What does it mean when it asks for a stream?

Thanks
Nick
(2013-04-03, 21:10)nick w Wrote: [ -> ]Hi syborg.
I followed your guide in posts 282 and sky go is working like a peach! The TV guide even populated with free view from my previous attempt at getting it to work. But when I selected after view channel it asked for a stream to open.

In that post (282) there is a link to free view setup. I went through that in a rush as I was going out and I now don't have my TV guide populated with any free view times and dates

I'll start the free view tutorial again. I'm right in thinking the post 282 Doesn't include the free view step and I have to go to the additional page?

What does it mean when it asks for a stream?

Thanks
Nick

Yes the 282 post is sky only I wanted to keep them separate as this a skygo app and it was really just a bonus. If it asks for a stream just go to choose stream and then favourites and then select the correct channel.
Syborg, what do i have to do to get tv listings again. I noticed you mentioned that it downloads 14 days worth? I click on the listings now and i dont see anything, its obviously been 14 days since i set it up.
I tried clicking on the 2 .bat files, they run, but the listings still dont come up?
Im obviously doing something wrong
(2013-04-03, 21:40)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Syborg, what do i have to do to get tv listings again. I noticed you mentioned that it downloads 14 days worth? I click on the listings now and i dont see anything, its obviously been 14 days since i set it up.
I tried clicking on the 2 .bat files, they run, but the listings still dont come up?
Im obviously doing something wrong

Have you restarted your xbmc in between? If you try that then open tvguide it should load the updated guide. Alternatively, download the clearepg.xml from the freeview guide link my in my signature. Go into the tvguide settings and point the xmltv file to that, open tvguide it will fail. Then back into the settings point it back to your epg and it should load.
Do you have a windows schedule event for the bat file?
Hi, I cant see a clearepg.xml
I dont have a schedule set up as i dont think it will work, because ive tried running the 2 .bat files and i still dont see the listings?
I take it that restarting XBMC didnt work Confused

Here is the epgclear.xml
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/ClearEPG.xml

When you open TvGuide it should check the XML file and if its been updated - update the EPG.

Are you hosting the XML file on the network share?

I'll have a look and see what I can figure out.
Hi, well its just magically worked. I clicked on tv guide one last time before coming back on here and its now working.
im wondering if a "clean library" has anything to do with it because i didnt do anything else. should running the .bat files trigger an instant epg update, or does it take 20mins or so to refresh?
(2013-04-04, 01:10)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, well its just magically worked. I clicked on tv guide one last time before coming back on here and its now working.
im wondering if a "clean library" has anything to do with it because i didnt do anything else. should running the .bat files trigger an instant epg update, or does it take 20mins or so to refresh?

Running the BAT files only updates the XML file XBMC reads from it doesnt have any direct effect on the XBMC. However when you next open TVGuide it should detect a change in the XML and reload the data.

If you run the BAT file on a schedule it should update in XBMC eventually. So if you ran every fews days for 14 days you shouldnt get a blank EPG again.

I'll keep working to see if I can come up with a better solution tho.
Yeah that makes sense. So which file is it out of the 2 bat files I schedule to run?
Thanks
(2013-04-04, 09:48)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that makes sense. So which file is it out of the 2 bat files I schedule to run?
Thanks

You need to do a schedule for both - additional_channels first. As it only has a couple of channels in it (sky movies Disney & showcase.) the uktv elf grabber does everything else also add the file created by addiotnal_channels in too.
In theory you should be able to take the code from additional_channels.bat and it to the start of uktv epg grabber.bat but I haven't tried this out yet. I'll give it a try when I get a chance!
Thanks Syborg. I havent ran your second tutorial yet to get freeview as im just using tvcatchup at the moment. Ive set up a scheduled task to run UKTV EPG Grab.bat at 9am every week, and another to run Additional_Channels.bat to run at 9.01am every week so hopefully that should work out ok. I really only use SkyGo for the footie Smile

On another note, have you ever managed to create the problem im getting in that i still cant get sky sports news to load up?
Thanks man,
(2013-04-04, 11:41)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Syborg. I havent ran your second tutorial yet to get freeview as im just using tvcatchup at the moment. Ive set up a scheduled task to run UKTV EPG Grab.bat at 9am every week, and another to run Additional_Channels.bat to run at 9.01am every week so hopefully that should work out ok. I really only use SkyGo for the footie :)

On another note, have you ever managed to create the problem im getting in that i still cant get sky sports news to load up?
Thanks man,

You ideally want additional_channels to run first as when uktv epg grab is run it adds the additional_channels.xml into its own so if run uktv epg grab first it will add data that's a week old.
I would say you want about a 5 minute gap between as on some of my tests it took 2-3 minutes to grab the data.
If the UKTV EPG Grab.bat starts before additional_channels.bat is finished again it won't add that information.

The freeview guide actually uses the tvcatchup streams anyway so your not missing anything really - someone asked if it could be all together so I put together the guide on how to add them. It add definitely adds to the WAF!

I haven't unfortunately! - I take it works on the website Ok. So there's a problem somewhere in between.
Couple things - Are you using the original skygo.exe to launch or the update files for those with a cache issue on all channels?
does it work if you refresh the page?
Lastly - Could you log into the skygo website and open sky sports news then launch in a pop out window and copy the address and sent it to me on here or PM it to me. I want to compare this with what I've got.
Hi Syborg. I may have fixed it by removing the stream from the EPG and re adding it. Seems to load up now thanks.
Just another tiny note, I still get that script error occasionally. I'll see if i can get a screen shot of it and email you it across. Its weird that no one else seems to be getting this prob. Thanks again buddy.

Do you have an address i can send the photo too?
(2013-04-04, 12:54)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Syborg. I may have fixed it by removing the stream from the EPG and re adding it. Seems to load up now thanks.
Just another tiny note, I still get that script error occasionally. I'll see if i can get a screen shot of it and email you it across. Its weird that no one else seems to be getting this prob. Thanks again buddy.

Do you have an address i can send the photo too?

PM'd you
Guys i need some help i am trying to set skyGo up and have done everything on the first page when i run it i just get a screen saying connecting to SkyGo and nothing else happens. have i done something wrong or am i been a bit thick