Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-20, 21:48)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-20, 17:06)DJ-1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi, ive sometimes get issues when using skygo on the web browser, end up having to use I.E and install a very particular version of silverlight ( Silverlight_5.0.61118.0 and disable updates from silverlight application, although win7 Pro(64bit) seem to update silverlight anaways ).....so becuase win7 seems to update silverlight automatically (despite app settings ) i usually have to un-instal, then re-intstall "Silverlight_5.0.61118.0" THEN watch SkyGo straight away..

other i`ll get an error screen (linked pic) https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4gwkggpxvhoco...il%201.jpg

this is also the case with xbmc add-on....I can log in etc fine i`ve even enabled mouse in the cfg file and click link `update silverlight`...regardless of any number of browser refreshes /restarts, the add-on still asks me to `update silverlight`

Huh?

cheers.

Hi, Unfortunately that is definitely a silverlight error, I have win 7 pro x64 on my mrs laptop and i got exactly the same error and was told by sky to uninstall and re install silverlight and that did cure it.

Hi... What version of silver light do u use?..
If using you use web browser to watch sky go, what browser do u use? I.e or chrome....I.e seems better for me.
Although I have to re-intall a particular version of Silverlight otherwise I'll get the error shown in the linked pic on my post u replied to..

Interesting how I used to use my video conversion PC for sky go (Win7 home premium 64bit) + I.e....no Silverlight issues.

Since moving over to my win7 Pro (64bit) HTPC... I get these Silverlight issues?
Cheers.
Hi mate, we are sorry your having the issue with our plugin, Its hard to determine why you are getting the script error, you could try installing google chrome and setting it as your default browser, otherthing may be to upgrade/downgrade your browser.

Or as nick says just create a VM and run it in that see if it falls over.

We will get you sorted somehow mate

XbmcMike
XBMCSkygo Creator

(2013-04-21, 17:26)DJ-1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-20, 21:48)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-20, 17:06)DJ-1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi, ive sometimes get issues when using skygo on the web browser, end up having to use I.E and install a very particular version of silverlight ( Silverlight_5.0.61118.0 and disable updates from silverlight application, although win7 Pro(64bit) seem to update silverlight anaways ).....so becuase win7 seems to update silverlight automatically (despite app settings ) i usually have to un-instal, then re-intstall "Silverlight_5.0.61118.0" THEN watch SkyGo straight away..

other i`ll get an error screen (linked pic) https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4gwkggpxvhoco...il%201.jpg

this is also the case with xbmc add-on....I can log in etc fine i`ve even enabled mouse in the cfg file and click link `update silverlight`...regardless of any number of browser refreshes /restarts, the add-on still asks me to `update silverlight`

Huh?

cheers.

Hi, Unfortunately that is definitely a silverlight error, I have win 7 pro x64 on my mrs laptop and i got exactly the same error and was told by sky to uninstall and re install silverlight and that did cure it.

Hi... What version of silver light do u use?..
If using you use web browser to watch sky go, what browser do u use? I.e or chrome....I.e seems better for me.
Although I have to re-intall a particular version of Silverlight otherwise I'll get the error shown in the linked pic on my post u replied to..

Interesting how I used to use my video conversion PC for sky go (Win7 home premium 64bit) + I.e....no Silverlight issues.

Since moving over to my win7 Pro (64bit) HTPC... I get these Silverlight issues?
Cheers.
the correct version of silverlight to be used with my plugin in windows 7 x64 is:

Version: 5.1.10411.0

MIke
OK, have u got a copy of that particular version of Silverlight,?

Cheers.
(2013-04-21, 20:22)DJ-1 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, have u got a copy of that particular version of Silverlight,?

Cheers.

yes il pop it in the repo on skydrive...

Heres the link:

http://sdrv.ms/ZebeSk

Mike
Ok played around with OD Content this afternoon for an hour, Download the link On_Demand.cfg.txt file, open it in notepad, copy the text inside and open your channels.cfg file and at the very end of your channels on a new line paste the text save the cfg file and run skygo, scrolling down should now allow access to a couple of docus that are in the On Demand service with sky.

Just a taster of what im trying to achieve.

XbmcMIke

OD link : http://sdrv.ms/ZecAMN
I'm located in Switzerland and I use Sky Go on my desktop/HTPC every day through the Unotelly DNS service. However, after logging in on my desktop/HTPC, I get a captcha verification screen every time because, as a previous post indicated, there is possibly something that detects I don't have a UK IP address. This detracts significantly when using your great plugin. The previous post indicated a solution to this by inserting a '127.0.0.1 box.anchorfree.net' into his 'host' file in Systems32/drivers/etc., where he was using a VPN service provided by anchorfree. As I'm not familiar with how this works, I haven't been able to edit my hosts file for Unotelly. Any help or guidance would be appreciated as I'd like to get the full benefit from this great plugin.
(2013-04-22, 14:36)vitony Wrote: [ -> ]I'm located in Switzerland and I use Sky Go on my desktop/HTPC every day through the Unotelly DNS service. However, after logging in on my desktop/HTPC, I get a captcha verification screen every time because, as a previous post indicated, there is possibly something that detects I don't have a UK IP address. This detracts significantly when using your great plugin. The previous post indicated a solution to this by inserting a '127.0.0.1 box.anchorfree.net' into his 'host' file in Systems32/drivers/etc., where he was using a VPN service provided by anchorfree. As I'm not familiar with how this works, I haven't been able to edit my hosts file for Unotelly. Any help or guidance would be appreciated as I'd like to get the full benefit from this great plugin.

Thanks about the plugin, Unfortunately I know nothing about using the VPN service that the poster talks about. I do know lots about VPN tunneling and masking but you may need to see if someone on here can help you out if not try google for ip masking.

XbmcMIke
[Release] - Skygo Launcher 1.1.10 - Repo Edition

Well here it is the Skygo Launcher.

All you need to do is install my repo then you can install the skygo launcher - everything is now included within this addon - no need to download anything else.

Repo - http://xbmc-skygo.googlecode.com/files/r...-1.0.1.zip

Features
- one click install
- login and change settings from xbmc
- automatic updating - any channel updates will done automatically.

If you have followed the previous instructions - I would recommend updating to this version so you can be automatically updated.

To upgrade
Install addon from repo - enter your login details
delete your current favourited launchers
favourite the launchers from Skygo Launcher and it should just match them up as before - (please let me know if any dont automatically match and I'll get them fixed).
If everything is working you can delete the launchers from advanced launcher (or advanced launcher all together if your not using it for anything else) and the skygo files from your C:\ (You will see there is a folder been created C:\Skygo instead)

Coming Soon - Full automatic integration to TV Guide

Any questions, problems etc just let me know.
Thanks for this - it has great potential.

Unfortunately it is not working for me at the moment. After selecting a channel I either get a message that Silverlight needs installing or updating or a "script error".

All works fine in my browser. Any ideas please?

Frodo, Windows 8 Pro 64.
(2013-04-24, 08:17)nashmills Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this - it has great potential.

Unfortunately it is not working for me at the moment. After selecting a channel I either get a message that Silverlight needs installing or updating or a "script error".

All works fine in my browser. Any ideas please?

Frodo, Windows 8 Pro 64.

Can you explain a little more please.

Did you install from the repo or are you using the original instructions?

Please post a link to your log file and ill be able to see what's happening.
XBMC Skygo Users - I wish I could make the code work a little faster but unfortunately its restricted by the logging in process and silverlight, thats why its taking a while to load.
But hope you will agree its worth the wait.

Credit to Syborg for the final integration coding and channel ID extraction, PlenG for the C# porting help and of course myself for the skygo.exe and finding what we thought could not be achieved.
Thanks to everyone involved with the plugin and hope you enjoy it. I am sure its continued support and ideas will keep it in use for a long time now !

Best Wishes

XBMCMike

XBMCSkygo Creator

Skygo 1.71b2013 +Epg
credits: mjeyre-PlenG-Syborg

(2013-04-24, 02:10)syborg Wrote: [ -> ][Release] - Skygo Launcher 1.1.10 - Repo Edition

Well here it is the Skygo Launcher.

All you need to do is install my repo then you can install the skygo launcher - everything is now included within this addon - no need to download anything else.

Repo - http://xbmc-skygo.googlecode.com/files/r...-1.0.1.zip

Features
- one click install
- login and change settings from xbmc
- automatic updating - any channel updates will done automatically.

If you have followed the previous instructions - I would recommend updating to this version so you can be automatically updated.

To upgrade
Install addon from repo - enter your login details
delete your current favourited launchers
favourite the launchers from Skygo Launcher and it should just match them up as before - (please let me know if any dont automatically match and I'll get them fixed).
If everything is working you can delete the launchers from advanced launcher (or advanced launcher all together if your not using it for anything else) and the skygo files from your C:\ (You will see there is a folder been created C:\Skygo instead)

Coming Soon - Full automatic integration to TV Guide

Any questions, problems etc just let me know.

This link is now on the front page Cheers!
Hi Mike,
Have you tried the repo version? Working?
I tried the on demand link but no go gets stuck at the loading player part. It did work once but no idea why it did. I've tried it quite a few times and always gets stuck.
yep its working for me :O)

the OD link , did you download the cfg OD link from the skydrive repo, then pasted the channel Ids into the last parts of your channels.cfg file?

if you put them at the front it just hangs
(2013-04-24, 10:22)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]yep its working for me :O)

the OD link , did you download the cfg OD link from the skydrive repo, then pasted the channel Ids into the last parts of your channels.cfg file?

if you put them at the front it just hangs

I pasted the link from a few pages back in the forum ill try it directly from the cfg file when I'm back in the house.
I have just tried doing the repo install and i seem to have done everything but when i launch skygo it comes up with Script error movingfile.py and then when i try and run a channel i get script error addon.py have i done something worng. Also i have jsut noticed that the skygo folder that is created on c is empty should it be?