Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried to get it working I put the files on my desk I put the cache file in the exe file on my desk top and it still don't work . it says logging in on xbmc I've also tried putting it in program files sky go and that don't work either
Please help

Regards ian
(2013-05-18, 20:26)ianbatt Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried to get it working I put the files on my desk I put the cache file in the exe file on my desk top and it still don't work . it says logging in on xbmc I've also tried putting it in program files sky go and that don't work either
Please help

Regards ian

You also need the channels.cfg and skygo.cfg in the same folder
Have you checked your skygo.cfg file to ensure that your username and password have copied correctly?
(2013-05-17, 20:23)givecredit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-17, 09:21)mjeyre Wrote: [ -> ]do you have google chrome installed? if not could you install it and try the skygo.exe file from your desktop but making sure the cfg files are in the same folder and that the username and password are inserted.

xbmcmike

Ok, I put Skygo.exe in folder on desktop along with cfg files with username and password. Set chrome to default, but just got the "connecting to skygo". Tried same setup with explorer as default with same result.

I do not know if they are related but there are 2 problems, obviously the "connecting to Skygo" is one, but also the backspace key does nothing when in skygo launcher. The only way I can exit "connecting to skygo" is by task manager. Edit: Discovered backspace works if I Alt and Tab away and back first.

ok what i would do is go through the settings on both windows 7 machines, everything from
windows 7 version, internet version, ms silverlight version, framework and .net versions, skygo version and cfg file check saved as cfg too as sometimes it saves them as .cfg.txt

dont run through xbmc on any machine until they are both running fine from the exe file.

is one windows machine x64 and one 32 i386?

lots of little checks and confirmations.

Xbmcmike
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble and wondering if I could get some help.

I've got everything installed and configured the sky go launcher,after loading the launcher through the programs screen the first channel I load plays fine, I press f5 which brings up the channel list, then when I select a new channel I just get a black screen so I can't really change channel easily, If i press back, I get returned to my windows screen and then have to go back into xbmc and select a channel again, It works but is there an easier way to change channels. I've installed xbmc launcher but that doesnt seem to make a difference.

Anyway thanks for the add-on, it certainly works a lot better than the web browser version.
Im still getting an empty EPG tv guide. Seems it happens every 2 weeks or so.
tried clearing the cache, then downloadin a a new tv guide via configure inside your tvmod, still nothing
(2013-05-22, 23:17)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Im still getting an empty EPG tv guide. Seems it happens every 2 weeks or so.
tried clearing the cache, then downloadin a a new tv guide via configure inside your tvmod, still nothing

Try deleting the epgdata.xml manually in the skygo folder load tvguide it will error out then download a new xml and load. Should sort it.
My bad, It was still pointing to the old one, before i upgraded to the new integrated freeview/skygo epg Smile
Can you tell me how to get the channels now, If i click on BBC 1 for example, it asks me to choose stream? How do I add all the channels?

Cheers mate
and this script error is seriously doing my head in. If i were to get this fixed this would be epic. Giving that we use my girlfriends parents skygo account, so essentially get skygo for free Smile
How do you get the EPG on?
It should do it automatically as i added to the downloader a rename file which renames all the channels to match tvcatchup v1 but you need them favourited at the moment. Just select the channel - if you check the context menu it wont say theres any channel associated until you select a channel same with the sky channels.
If it doesnt you can manually point to the favourite from the context menu.
It happens every two weeks as this the length of time that the grabber grabs.
With the new integration it will be easier to grabber a new listing until I get the scheduling working.
But ill be honest that could a while as I havent even looked at this since this release as ive been too busy.

When you get the error can you just press yes and then channel appears or do you need to exit and reload.

(2013-05-23, 00:52)robbo87 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get the EPG on?

Hey robbo87,
In my signature is instructions to get the epg. Any problems let me know ill do my best to help.
How do i favourite bbc,itv etc etc
Open tvcatchup highlight channel then open the context menu ('c' on the keyboard) then add to favourites
yeah i thought thats what you did, tried it and went back into your epg, highlighted bbc,- chose stream, went to favourites and nothing is there.
I'll restart XBMC
Thanks Syborg, I've installed the tvguide add on but the tv guide syborg add on is broken?