Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the same error. When you click OK then it loads. Happens for the xbmc plugin and when using just IE or chrome so this isn't an error from Syborg

I don't know if its because I'm using the latest silver light. I couldn't use the one in the skydrive as skygo had a fit and kept saying it was out of date.....

N
(2013-08-22, 12:25)Karldou Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. First of all thank you for developing this plugin. It is exactly what I've been looking for.

However, I do have a few issues. I have just done a fresh install of Win 7 Pro x64 and installed Frodo 12.2.
I have installed the skygo plugin by downloading the zip file from the google code page and using install from zip in xbmc to install.
I have entered my login details and made sure I have the latest silverlight version.
When running the plugin I get the splash screen saying connecting the sky go but this is as far as I can get.
I have made sure I can login to sky the usual way on the website via IE10 and all works fine.

I downloaded 1.7b2013 manually from the sky drive account and placed that in C:\skygo and place skygolauncher.bat in the root of C but this has the same problem.

If I delete the skygo folder and replace it with v1.6 it works fine manually from the bat file albeit with the IE script error to which I just click yes.

I've even tried to replace the skygo.exe in the xbmc adding folder with the v1.6 file to see if that may work in xbmc but that just gives me an addon.py error when I go to load it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the v1.7b2013 version does not get past the connecting to sky go message?

Thanks
Karl

Ps I don't have any antivirus or firewall currently installed.

I have same issue - looks to be an issue with windows 7 64bit version .
(2013-09-03, 17:06)kyrenia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-22, 12:25)Karldou Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. First of all thank you for developing this plugin. It is exactly what I've been looking for.

However, I do have a few issues. I have just done a fresh install of Win 7 Pro x64 and installed Frodo 12.2.
I have installed the skygo plugin by downloading the zip file from the google code page and using install from zip in xbmc to install.
I have entered my login details and made sure I have the latest silverlight version.
When running the plugin I get the splash screen saying connecting the sky go but this is as far as I can get.
I have made sure I can login to sky the usual way on the website via IE10 and all works fine.

I downloaded 1.7b2013 manually from the sky drive account and placed that in C:\skygo and place skygolauncher.bat in the root of C but this has the same problem.

If I delete the skygo folder and replace it with v1.6 it works fine manually from the bat file albeit with the IE script error to which I just click yes.

I've even tried to replace the skygo.exe in the xbmc adding folder with the v1.6 file to see if that may work in xbmc but that just gives me an addon.py error when I go to load it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the v1.7b2013 version does not get past the connecting to sky go message?

Thanks
Karl

Ps I don't have any antivirus or firewall currently installed.

I have same issue - looks to be an issue with windows 7 64bit version .

My win8 64bit and my old win7 64bit didn't have that problem
Hey folks,
Just wanted to give a little update of what is happening at my end - I know there's quite a few issues with the skygo launcher with script errors and issues with 64-bit systems.
I am currently working on a solution which should solve these issues and I am making some progress.
At the moment my new script will auto login then go to a channel.
I'm working on the exiting as it only by alt-f4 at the moment but I've got a good idea of how to exit on a key press but I've not quite got the bugs out.
Once this is sorted ill get it integrated into the skygo launcher plugin and release.
Unfortunately it still uses IE - chrome or Firefox may be possible but IE seems the easiest to get this working with. My new method doesn't involve deleting the cache each time so you will able to use Internet explorer normally if that's your bag.
It seems at the moment to have a much faster load speed - getting to the skygo buffer page in a couple of seconds. This might change once its incorporated into an addon tho.
I am very busy for at least the rest of this month - (moving and potentially changing jobs) - I will working on this in the background but I won't get on the forums much.
On this note - any development my tvguide mod is pretty much on hold until I get this sorted.
Then I will go back to it and bring the whole thing together again!

Syborg
Super news. Good luck with the move and new jib if you get it...
N
Thanks for the update syborg. Looking forward to seeing the updated addon.
Hi guys just getting into XBMC for the 1st time and just come accross this post in the 97 pages is there a guide to get it working or was it unsuccessful thanks in advance ??

As well this is my 1st post on here so hi guys Wink
Hi there I am trying to get this running on my PC (Win 7 64-bit) outside of XBMC, I have downloaded the latest skydrive version entered my email and password then ran the runme.bat. It loaded up fine (I don't mind the script error right now) and started playing Sky1.
When I press enter a black box with the list of channels in blue pops up and I can move up and down the list, when I select any channel from the list the screen goes black the script error pops up and when I press yes the screen stays black and nothing loads.

I have tried to be as detailed as possible here and hope there is an easy way to be able to change channel without using a mouse on the sky go GUI.

Thank you very much and sorry if I have missed something obvious.

Also is there a way to change the initial channel from sky1?

-Malakesher
(2013-09-10, 10:14)dspx-chaos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys just getting into XBMC for the 1st time and just come accross this post in the 97 pages is there a guide to get it working or was it unsuccessful thanks in advance ??

As well this is my 1st post on here so hi guys Wink

Install skygo launcher from my repo - add username and password to settings - this should be all you need to do. More instructions in my signature.

(2013-09-10, 16:35)Malakesher Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there I am trying to get this running on my PC (Win 7 64-bit) outside of XBMC, I have downloaded the latest skydrive version entered my email and password then ran the runme.bat. It loaded up fine (I don't mind the script error right now) and started playing Sky1.
When I press enter a black box with the list of channels in blue pops up and I can move up and down the list, when I select any channel from the list the screen goes black the script error pops up and when I press yes the screen stays black and nothing loads.

I have tried to be as detailed as possible here and hope there is an easy way to be able to change channel without using a mouse on the sky go GUI.

Thank you very much and sorry if I have missed something obvious.

Also is there a way to change the initial channel from sky1?

-Malakesher

As previously stated - the skydive files are out of date this why you are getting sky on start up as sky changed its channel list so it defaults to sky1 as backup. Use my version from the repo to solve this. Also if you want to get away from using the mouse you need to integrate with tvguide I have a mod for this but it still needs a fair bit of work. Check out my signature for a guide.
(2013-09-10, 16:42)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]As previously stated - the skydive files are out of date this why you are getting sky on start up as sky changed its channel list so it defaults to sky1 as backup. Use my version from the repo to solve this. Also if you want to get away from using the mouse you need to integrate with tvguide I have a mod for this but it still needs a fair bit of work. Check out my signature for a guide.

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry I missed that it was out of date.

I will try and figure it out now, will it work out of XBMC (I don't actually use XBMC), I am hoping for a stand alone sky go launcher.

-Mala
Hi All,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to port this app to be used with Virgin Anywhere? It is a similar service to sky go so hopefully shouldn't be too difficult. Was just wondering whether anyone was working on this?
does this only work on windows guys and not a android device?
(2013-09-11, 13:20)dilpz213 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to port this app to be used with Virgin Anywhere? It is a similar service to sky go so hopefully shouldn't be too difficult. Was just wondering whether anyone was working on this?

Virgin anywhere should be possible with the new method I'm trying at the moment but I'm concentrating on this at the moment. Plus I don't have access to virgin so would need to work with someone on it.

It is windows only.
I am a little lost on this guys.

Do I still need to follow the guide? i.e. copying the files to c:\ and configuring?
The latest version seems to install the skygo.exe to the roaming folders on windows 7 and the plugin has configurable username and password?
It seems to be the EPG that causes the script error is there anyway to remove this?

Is this plugin still being developed?

It's a great plugin btw
I don't suppose there is a way to use the skygo on demand (on demand movies) feature on xbmc is there?