Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: (UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry guys haven't been around development has stopped at the moment as I've moved house so don't have the Internet once that's back on I can start working on it again.

Easiest method is to use my repo version no messing around install enter your username and password and then it's done!

On demand movies may come but once I've figured out a few things!
Hey Syborg, trying to get Sky Go working on XBMC but cant find your repository on the hub or Fusion

Or does it need to be done manually?
Hi Syborg,

Came across this article about silverlight on linux and thought it may be of interest.

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/08/pipelight...linux.html
Great!
any chance to have it working for italy?
Is there a plugin for XMBC on the raspberry pi to view skygo?
Anyone else having trouble to connect to the skygo service?
Tried last night for the first time since installing the 8.1 upgrade and it wasn't having any of it.
I dont think the plugin is causing it but just wanted to check.
(2013-11-04, 18:12)scottishgeek Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a plugin for XMBC on the raspberry pi to view skygo?

No, SkyGo needs silverlight so unless you have windows running on your Rpi then no luck, not until SkyGo moves to HTML5!

N
(2013-09-05, 22:35)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]Hey folks,
Just wanted to give a little update of what is happening at my end - I know there's quite a few issues with the skygo launcher with script errors and issues with 64-bit systems.
I am currently working on a solution which should solve these issues and I am making some progress.
At the moment my new script will auto login then go to a channel.
I'm working on the exiting as it only by alt-f4 at the moment but I've got a good idea of how to exit on a key press but I've not quite got the bugs out.
Once this is sorted ill get it integrated into the skygo launcher plugin and release.
Unfortunately it still uses IE - chrome or Firefox may be possible but IE seems the easiest to get this working with. My new method doesn't involve deleting the cache each time so you will able to use Internet explorer normally if that's your bag.
It seems at the moment to have a much faster load speed - getting to the skygo buffer page in a couple of seconds. This might change once its incorporated into an addon tho.
I am very busy for at least the rest of this month - (moving and potentially changing jobs) - I will working on this in the background but I won't get on the forums much.
On this note - any development my tvguide mod is pretty much on hold until I get this sorted.
Then I will go back to it and bring the whole thing together again!

Syborg

Hi 'Syborg',

Thank you for the great plugin, which I have been using with success for the past few months. Also, thanks for the update regarding the script errors on x64 systems.

I am unsure if you're already aware of this; unfortunately after upgrading to IE11 (on Windows 7 x64 - XBMC 12.2) a few days ago, the plugin stopped working. The usual 'Logging In' and 'Loading Player' details appear fine, however after this completes the user is simply presented with a black screen (nothing is displayed).

I can also confirm that after doing a clean install of Windows 8.1 x64 (which is bundled with IE11) the plugin fails in exactly the same way.

I feel sure this is a compatibility issue - related to IE11.

Apologies if this has already been reported, but just wanted you to know.

Many Thanks...
(2013-11-14, 21:25)stu001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-05, 22:35)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]Hey folks,
Just wanted to give a little update of what is happening at my end - I know there's quite a few issues with the skygo launcher with script errors and issues with 64-bit systems.
I am currently working on a solution which should solve these issues and I am making some progress.
At the moment my new script will auto login then go to a channel.
I'm working on the exiting as it only by alt-f4 at the moment but I've got a good idea of how to exit on a key press but I've not quite got the bugs out.
Once this is sorted ill get it integrated into the skygo launcher plugin and release.
Unfortunately it still uses IE - chrome or Firefox may be possible but IE seems the easiest to get this working with. My new method doesn't involve deleting the cache each time so you will able to use Internet explorer normally if that's your bag.
It seems at the moment to have a much faster load speed - getting to the skygo buffer page in a couple of seconds. This might change once its incorporated into an addon tho.
I am very busy for at least the rest of this month - (moving and potentially changing jobs) - I will working on this in the background but I won't get on the forums much.
On this note - any development my tvguide mod is pretty much on hold until I get this sorted.
Then I will go back to it and bring the whole thing together again!

Syborg

Hi 'Syborg',

Thank you for the great plugin, which I have been using with success for the past few months. Also, thanks for the update regarding the script errors on x64 systems.

I am unsure if you're already aware of this; unfortunately after upgrading to IE11 (on Windows 7 x64 - XBMC 12.2) a few days ago, the plugin stopped working. The usual 'Logging In' and 'Loading Player' details appear fine, however after this completes the user is simply presented with a black screen (nothing is displayed).

I can also confirm that after doing a clean install of Windows 8.1 x64 (which is bundled with IE11) the plugin fails in exactly the same way.

I feel sure this is a compatibility issue - related to IE11.

Apologies if this has already been reported, but just wanted you to know.

Many Thanks...

I should probably have mentioned that on both the Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8.1 x64 systems (both with Internet Explorer version 11) SkyGo works fine accessing it the normal way - using the web browser (IE11 with Silverlight).

If you require any testers - for the new version of the plugin that you're currently developing, I'm more than happy to volunteer.

Thanks again...
hi there could antone tell me how to exit the skygo player and go back to xbmc via remote?
(2013-11-21, 10:11)timeslip1974 Wrote: [ -> ]hi there could antone tell me how to exit the skygo player and go back to xbmc via remote?

Hi there 'Timeslip', to exit the SkyGo plugin (and get back to XBMC) I simply press the 'Back' button. Sometimes it's necessary to press the button a couple of times before you're returned to the XBMC user interface.

As you can probably imagine, different remote controls have different symbols for 'back'. Mine is an arrow pointing left (not to be confused with the normal cursor/arrow buttons).

It's also important to note that the remote control often has to be configured for all of the buttons to work correctly with XBMC. Which remote control (make/model) are you using? Also - do you know if it's set-up correctly?

Cheers,
Stu...
Hi there, I've been following the progress of this ever since I decided to get rid of the xbox and switch to an htpc and have to say I'm very impressed! I did have this working for a week or so, but over the past couple of days I've been getting 2 javascript errors when launching this. I've got the latest version of silverlight installed and when i run the skygo.exe from C:\skygo it seems to work fine. I did previously get a single javascript error that I used to be able to press ok on when launching from XBMC and it worked fine, but now with the scond javascript error I get the loading screen in skygo but it just sits at loading plugin.

On that basis I'm thinking it's not necassarily an issue with the plugin rather my browser. I've looked everywhere for a way to turn off jacascript error warnings but can't switch them off. I've made the amendment in internet options not to warn about these errors but I'm still getting them. Even amended local group policy to unhide one of the options and deselect the warnings (can't remember exactly which one I'm afraid).

Is anyone else having these issues, does anyone have any suggestions. I'm just in the process of deleting the skygo plugin folder and C:\skygo folder and starting from scratch with a fresh install of the plugin but any suggestions past that would be really appreciated.

Additionally (and assuming I get it working again), does everyone have the "judder" issue when watching anything via skygo (again I'm thinking an issue with silverlight rather than the skygo plugin). What I mean is when the camera pans it's not smooth and seems to "jump", you can see it when there's a rolling headline on the news for instance and the scrollling text seems jerky. Suggestions so far have been to enable hardware acceleration in silverlight, uninstall and reinstall silverlight which I've tried with no effect. I've had this on every PC I've ever watched skygo on. I can live with it but was just wondering if it's something other people see?

Cheers
Lee
Hi All,

I'd like to confirm the Win 8.1 report. Set up on a clean install, confirmed Sky Go works via IE11, runme.bat or skygocache.bat both launch, log-in and drop to a black screen.

Hopefully IE11 hasn't screwed things too badly!!

Cheers,

Pete
I have the same issue - Skygo now launches into a black screen and never comes out of it. I have to resort to accessing it through my browser and that is inconvenient and reduces the functionality of XBMC for me
Same here,just loads to a blank screen now