Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Problem with MySQL Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm usgin XBMC Eden on W7 and i have a Qnap NAS with MySQL and phpMyAdmin and i have a problem creating database using mysql.

I created advacedsettings.xml file (on correct folder) with these commands:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.50</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

But when i execut xbmc, the program crashes and appear this on log file:

ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos60 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos60')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos59 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos59')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos58 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos58')

What's the problem?

Why xbmc doesn't create database?

Thank yo so much
Did you give user 'xbmc' privileges to create databases in mysql?
(2012-11-16, 04:34)gabbott Wrote: [ -> ]Did you give user 'xbmc' privileges to create databases in mysql?

Yes, i configured "xbmc" user with all privileges.

My xbmc version is 11.0 Eden.

Hi,

I am trying again. I have installed XBMC 11.0 Eden in other computer that has Windows XP instead W7 but in the log file appears the same errors and the database is not created.

Any idea how can i fix it?

Regards
Are the userdata folder and everything inside actually have read/write permissions? And is all the contents including usedata also owned by your username?

check and post the result of

Code:
ls -all $HOME/.xbmc/userdata

er ignore this, I just noticed your on windows, idk how to in windows.

uNi

(2012-11-16, 15:16)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Are the userdata folder and everything inside actually have read/write permissions? And is all the contents including usedata also owned by your username?

check and post the result of

Code:
ls -all $HOME/.xbmc/userdata

uNi

My xbmc is installed on a laptop with Windows 7, not linux, and my Users\laptop\AppData\XBMC\userdata folder has all permissions activated.

Thanks.

Sorry I edited the post above when I noticed your on windows.

idk windows + xbmc so I cant comment. Except its clearly permission error, again windows idk.

uNi
Try it with the Windows firewall turned off, if it works then you'll have to open the correct ports. Easiest to just turn it off to test.
(2012-11-16, 15:55)Dilligaf Wrote: [ -> ]Try it with the Windows firewall turned off, if it works then you'll have to open the correct ports. Easiest to just turn it off to test.

Hi,

I tried to disable windows firewall and execute xbmc, but the error in log file is the same:

Code:
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos60 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos60')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos59 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos59')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos58 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos58')

I am desperate.......and i follow investigating.

Regards.
Just pastebin the whole log pls

uNi
Have you already tried

Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';

in MySQL just to make sure it isn't a permissions issue? Any time I have had an issue like you are describing, the above has worked.
SOLVED!!!!

I have created "xbmc" user with phpmyadmin and give it all privileges but doesn´t works.

I deleted the user and create it with mysql command line and works, xbmc created databases on NAS.

I don't know why before doesn't works and now yes, but it is working now.

Thanks a lot.