Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: thumbnail cover doesnt refresh when changed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the wiki it says that thumbnail for folder art should re-cache if the checksum is different but I find this not to be the case. I spend a lot of time organising my album artwork and often update to higher resolution covers and the only way to get them active is to delete the thumbnails folder and, now with Frodo, delete the textures.db file.

I have tried refreshing manually using the album information menu on the folder but this is really cumbersome and doesn't work quickly or efficiently, often taking a minute or two to get to the thumbnail menu and fiddling around until the art finally recaches. Which is a no-go when you have a whole bunch to update (easier deleting the files and restarting.)
It's not a bug, it's just not as instant as you'd like it. Give it a day or two and it'll be all good.

You're not speeding it up by going into the album information menu.

The only thing that would speed it up is making sure the art shows on screen (triggering the re-cache) then making sure it goes away again by browsing something else for 30 seconds or so (to ensure the texture is no longer in memory), then go back and look again (triggering re-load of the re-cached item).
ah that makes sense. Thanks for the help!