Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Frodo] Very poor audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've upgraded to Frodo B1 yesterday and found out that there was an issue with the sound.
The "blip" sound of the navigation sounded very load and distorted and watching movies/tv shows is impossible because of the massive "noise". Its like 90% noise and 10% normal sound.

I'm using a Soundblaster Audigy! from Creative, which is working fine with Eden.
The audio setting is set to 2.0 so I can have my stereo surround working. The option "Boost volume level on downmix" was disabled so was "output to all speakers".

----------------
Bug posted: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13739

Update: georgio has figured out it has something to do with the Hardware Acceleration on these cards. Hopefully this narrows it down enough for the developers to resolve this issue in the AudioEngine.
Same here :-\
A fix is noted for Beta 2
You can always install the next nightly version Smile
Beta2 did not fix this either. No improvement whatsoever Sad
Play a move, open the Audio and Subtitles dialog and check that Volume Amplification is set to minimum (0db). It sounds like this value is turned up, which if set to high can lead to the distortion you mention.

If this is not the case please post a Debug Log
(2012-12-04, 16:53)DDDamian Wrote: [ -> ]Play a move, open the Audio and Subtitles dialog and check that Volume Amplification is set to minimum (0db). It sounds like this value is turned up, which if set to high can lead to the distortion you mention.

If this is not the case please post a debug log
Its set to 0db and normal volume is at 0.0dB as well. I tried setting the Windows volume very low as well, lowering volume in XBMC but no luck.

The log is available: http://paste2.org/p/2561491

If anything else is required, please let me know !
Thanks for the help.
Damn, still the same problem with RC1.
I'm getting a very bad feeling that I will be stuck at Eden forever Sad
@Sypher - please enable debugging in Settings>System>Debugging and repost log
I have opened a Trac ticket with the debug logs for both Eden and Frodo.
cc me? Ticket number?
(2012-12-14, 09:50)DDDamian Wrote: [ -> ]cc me? Ticket number?

Its ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13739 . I see someone already added you to the CC of that ticket.
noticed the same thing here, navigation sounds are much louder then playback from .mkv files. I did notice that .avi files also have normal sound levels (compared to navigation), so it could be it's limited to certain encoding types.

running on nvidia ion btw
Sypher, there are known issues with winxp and AE well known by dev(s) sinse the merge

Seems that sound issue is a major build error, no log file in the world can show whats wrong
therefore a dev(s) is needed who is a owner(s) of winxp(directsound) os and creative device
also a dev(s) that have time to spend with issues that not so many have reported,well this may
very well change when more and more Eden users move to Frodo.

When a new AE is build by dev(s) with win7(wasapi) and latest HD-audio soundcards in mind
these things happen to semi-old but good devices and may take some time to be supported if ever.

(2012-12-16, 19:01)rogerzees Wrote: [ -> ]Sypher, there are known issues with winxp and AE well known by dev(s) sinse the merge

Seems that sound issue is a major build error, no log file in the world can show whats wrong
therefore a dev(s) is needed who is a owner(s) of winxp(directsound) os and creative device
also a dev(s) that have time to spend with issues that not so many have reported,well this may
very well change when more and more Eden users move to Frodo.

When a new AE is build by dev(s) with win7(wasapi) and latest HD-audio soundcards in mind
these things happen to semi-old but good devices and may take some time to be supported if ever.

I agree, although the thing is, i'm running into the same problems with a windows 7 machine and wasapi selected (with the difference of .avi and .mkv files as stated earlier)
Pages: 1 2