Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio stuttering while MP3 playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am running the following setup:
  • XBMC 2:12.0~git20121104.1440-576eef2-0quantal from the Ubuntu xbmc-xvba repository
  • Foxconn nt-a3500 with AMD Fusion e350 cpu/gpu
  • System running from 8GB SD-Card
  • 1TB USB 2.0 Drive as media storage
  • USB soundcard for analogue audio

The USB devices are plugged into different host controllers (the hard disk is attached to the front USB 3.0 ports).

When playing audio files (mostly Amazon encoded MP3 files) the audio sometimes stops for the split of a second when moving to the next track.

Also, if I am doing file operations (e.g. delete files) via the afpd file server the audio skips in very short intervals. The afpd service is the only service running besides xbmc and is mostly idle.

This might look like a bandwidth issue but even high bitrate movie files play without any buffering.

Any ideas what might help with this issue?

Edit:The stuttering that occurred when copying files appears to be fixed with XBMC 12 beta1. Unfortunately playback still stutters between tracks sometimes.
I have the same issue on my nt-a3700 streaming audio via NFS. I can play HD movies no problem, but little MP3s will stutter every now and then. I'm still getting it with XBMC 12, though much less frequently.