Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC not shutting down/suspending with remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm already trying for over a week to get XBMC to suspend on the remote power button. I already succeeded in waking my system from sleep, but getting it into sleep is the only thing that is not working.

My hardware:
- Zotac ID82
- Zotac remote with receiver (all buttons work, except the 'power down' button)

My software:
- XBMCbuntu with xbmc eden

My configuration:
- irw gives me on power button:
0000000000010082 00 KEY_SLEEP zotac.conf

- in Lircmaps.xml (in .xbmc/userdata/) I have:
<lircmap>
<remote device="zotac.conf">
<power>KEY_SLEEP</power>
<wake>KEY_WAKEUP</wake>

- in Keyboard.xml (in .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/) I tried:
<power>Suspend</power> <- did not work
<power>Shutdown</power> <- did not work
<power>XBMC.Shutdown()</power> <- did not work

I also tried the above settings on a different remote button (record). But that also did not work.

I have no clue what the problem is, but it will not shutdown/suspend the system. What am I missing?

After removing lirc the remote still worked. So I guess the remote is seen as a keyboard.
After commenting the catch-all entries in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf. The remote did not work at all.

Then I install lirc again, the remote still does not work.
I followed this guide: http://ben.periton.co.uk/2012/06/configu...e-control/
Still the remote does not work at all. irw however does receive signals from it. When uncommenting the catch-all entries in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf the remote works, but the power button on the remote does not turn of the box. Any ideas?
Easiest solution is probably to get yourself an MCE from ie. eBay which does NOT emulate a HID/keyboard device. I had the same problem with my Asus remote and the only way to fix that is have another driver module that changes the behavior.

One more thing you could try is figuring out to which key presses the buttons map and use that in your keymap configuration...
Thank you for your reply. I found another solution: http://youresuchageek.blogspot.fr/2012/0...linux.html

The new 'keyboard' entry in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf should be placed ABOVE the catch-all entry. That fixed all problems!!