Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Video Nodes in Frodo and recently added items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just one simple question,

with the addition of custom video nodes in Frodo

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

Does this mean the library is separated, so that we can have separate recently added items in skins now?
e.g :
recently added Asian movies is separated with recently added Western movies.
recently added Anime serials is separated with recently added Western serials
etc..

thanks before.
Absolutely!

Copy over the recentlyaddedmovies.xml from the xbmc system (video and video_flat folders) to your database folder in /userdata, and then you can modify it by adding more rules.

In your case you could add:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
  <label>20386</label>
  <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png</icon>
  <content>movies</content>
  <rule field="genre" operator="is">Western</rule>
  <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
  <limit>25</limit>
</node>

Keep fiddling with the rule field operator to filter out what you want, and then add it to the movies directory.
You need to copy the whole structure and then edit it. For Beta1 it goes in userdata/Database. For Beta2 you can just copy across the system/library folder into userdata/library.
(2012-11-18, 03:14)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]For Beta2 you can just copy across the system/library folder into userdata/library.

Will the userdata/library folder be defaulted for the install, or will you need to create one?

You'll need to create it, just copy it across from system/
Alright. Thanks!

thanks guys, this is awesome, i'm working on a dynamic (frequently updated) movie databases that islonked to several PCs,
so having separated recently added items will help alot in showing new items
btw, any ETA for frodo?
Almost forgot something,

I'm using custom skin, as shown on pic below

And i used favourites instead of smart playlist.. (on the menu and alphabetical submenu)
Why?
Well smart playlist won't list the movie unless the scrapper finds the correct metadata..
And i have tons of movies & serials without existing metadata right now...
(Mostly asian, there really is no metadata for those movies)

So, can custom nodes be used with favourites?
Or is there another work around to integrate it into my skin?
Are you asking whether nodes can be set as a favorite? If so, then yes, they certainly can. Just use the context menu while highlighting the node.

As far as metadata, if you wish to contribute to themoviedb.org, then you can start to add some metadata for those films without - though I understand if it's difficult to locate some of the data to contribute.
(2012-11-19, 22:29)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you asking whether nodes can be set as a favorite? If so, then yes, they certainly can. Just use the context menu while highlighting the node.

As far as metadata, if you wish to contribute to themoviedb.org, then you can start to add some metadata for those films without - though I understand if it's difficult to locate some of the data to contribute.

Sorry i'm still not getting it..

You can see on my skin, i used favourites to create 6 Movie categories on the main menu
3 belong to Movies (Anime, Film Barat/Western, Film Asia) and 3 Tvshows (Serial Barat, Serial Asia, Serial Anime)
(Ignore the "Film_Asia" on the bottom, i forgot to fix it)

The problem is there's only 2 recently added list for those categories...
Movies and tvshows,
So any movies added will be mixed up in either one of them

So whenever user point to one of the main menus, they get the same recently added list
e.g pointing to Anime and Film Asia give you same recently added list.

I want different recently added list for each 6 categories
How exactly do i do this?

The wiki only explains creating custom nodes,

Is there anyway to filter it based on the folders?
Because those categories are separated with folders.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...nd_Dialogs

RecentlyAddedMovies is represented by videodb://4/

My question :
What if i want to make 3 different recently added movie list?
e.g :
recently added asian movies
recently added west movies
recently added anime movies
(2013-04-22, 15:00)denywinarto Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...nd_Dialogs

My question :
e.g :

How do you have movies organized as Asian, West, Anime, etc? Are they in separate folders? If so, you can duplicate your existing Recently Added node and filter it based on path. If the movies are tagged, you can filter based on that.
(2013-05-03, 06:31)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-22, 15:00)denywinarto Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...nd_Dialogs

My question :
e.g :

How do you have movies organized as Asian, West, Anime, etc? Are they in separate folders? If so, you can duplicate your existing Recently Added node and filter it based on path. If the movies are tagged, you can filter based on that.

By using favourites,
Nodes won't work because they don't split recently added list
But i found the solution, i just had to use the skin that has randomandlatestplaylist script..
the script splits recent items
Since no one answered my post about nodes i'll drop the question here Wink

Can we also modify default system nodes?

The wiki gives the impression you can exclude paths from main movie section but here it doesn't seem to work

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes