Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping & Library Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of issues which are bugging me about the scraping and library management.

When adding a new folder to my Movies or TV show it would be great if XBMC detected only the new folders and files and automatically scraped data for these new files in the background, rather than having to re-scan the entire library again. If I download Zombie land and want to watch it straight away I have to manually add just that folder and not scrape then watch, or wait half an hour or more for the entire library to be rescanned.

Secondly currently if a file has no data scraped due to a naming problem or it may not have any data XBMC doesn't see it at all. I can manually go and add the folder individually and choose "none" for the scraper and then I can see the file with it's name and no data, but it would be great if XBMC would still display these files for us regardless of the success or failure of scraping.

This would allow us to still watch these files, but more importantly will be an easy way to identify which files have naming issues and need fixing.

I have a collection of over 800 movies and a bit TV collection but currently there is no easy way to find out which movies are scraping and which aren't, I have to manually go through the list to find any badly named files, and some are named almost correctly but not quite and they are very hard to spot too.
Quote:Secondly currently if a file has no data scraped due to a naming problem or it may not have any data XBMC doesn't see it at all.

Video->Library->Files does this already. No need to set content to none or anything like that. It's also useful for identifying those that haven't scraped (anything without metadata == not scraped).
Sorry yeah I've been searching the forums and see that functionality, I'll have a play when I get home from work so I can see it in action Smile

Anything on the first point? I'm not a programmer so i don't know if it is even possible or how much work it would be.
Quote:When adding a new folder to my Movies or TV show it would be great if XBMC detected only the new folders and files and automatically scraped data for these new files in the background, rather than having to re-scan the entire library again.

I'm not following here. XBMC already does this. XBMC skips files it has already scanned, which is why you have to remove entries from the library if you want to refresh the data. Library updates should be quick and fast once the bulk was scanned in.
I have about 1.5 TB of movies and just under 4TB of TV shows. The movie refresh takes about 10-15 mins then the TV refresh usually hangs after about 30 mins. I can still watch TV and Movie while this happens but if I cancel the scan then XBMC hangs completely and I have to restart the process.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I usually navigate to the Movie or TV folder via the Video tab, then via the context menu select "scan for new" or what ever it says.

I've noticed there is a "update library" option somewhere should I be using that instead?
The is an add-on that will watch for newly added files and trigger a library update automatically. That would save you having to go into the context menu and specifically choose to update library.
Thanks Zernable, I may check that out once I figure out why my library update keeps hanging on my TV directories and freezing up.

Actually that other thread gave me an idea, my media drives are on a network share but I haven't added the network shares to the local system. I will mount them to the local system first then run the update and see if that fixes the freeze/time issues.