Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on the New Blackberrys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I would like to Request you to make an XBMC Full app and an XBMC Remote app for the new BlackBerry 10 OS.

If the Full app is way too much work, i hope you guys will atleast do a Remote App.

Here is a Link to their SDK
It's probably easier if you ditch the BB and buy an Android phone :-)
Costanza.jpg
(2012-11-19, 11:05)Voyager Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably easier if you ditch the BB and buy an Android phone :-)

You probably said that because you are unaware of what the new Blackberry 10 is capable of ...
You can learn a bit about BB10 here

I'm sure if it takes off and is very successful it might get a port or a remote app but with Blackberrys currently not in favour why would anyone bother right now?
(2012-11-19, 11:46)qaxl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-19, 11:05)Voyager Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably easier if you ditch the BB and buy an Android phone :-)

You probably said that because you are unaware of what the new Blackberry 10 is capable of ...

The BB 10 may be the most fantastic thing ever invented on earth. It's a matter of where do we focus. The team (a bunch of volunteers who also happen to have a day job) cannot just build full (or remote) apps for every platform in existence. We currently have coverage on iOS and Android, and that is quite big already.

What's next? Firefox OS? Wii U? Sony NEX? oh well...
Besides, BB10 is too little too late.
Quote:The BB 10 may be the most fantastic thing ever invented on earth. It's a matter of where do we focus. The team (a bunch of volunteers who also happen to have a day job) cannot just build full (or remote) apps for every platform in existence. We currently have coverage on iOS and Android, and that is quite big already.

I would like it on my microwave display if possible, oh and be able to airplay to my washing machine while your at it.Wink

(2012-11-19, 12:38)Voyager Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-19, 11:46)qaxl Wrote: [ -> ]

The BB 10 may be the most fantastic thing ever invented on earth. It's a matter of where do we focus. The team (a bunch of volunteers who also happen to have a day job) cannot just build full (or remote) apps for every platform in existence. We currently have coverage on iOS and Android, and that is quite big already.

Now that you mentioned it, Wii U wouldn't be a bad idea, the main screen would focus on the content and the controller would be used for navigation and control, the secondary screen which is on the controller itself could show "Now Playing Lists" and seek bars etc. pretty nice idea if you ask me.

Howevr it would've been nicer if you had thought "What's next? Windows Phone 8 ? Symbian ? Meego ?" since that would make more sense considering these are all Mobile platforms, with not as big a market share as Android and iOS for both of which XBMC has Full and Remote apps.

You are obviously biased against BlackBerry for whatever reasons, im not here to do marketing for them, i just want XBMC on a device that i use.

So just for your information, i am already using the XBMC remote app made for Android, ported to run Blackberry, however the Volume Buttons do not work with the app, and the Remote Control UI looks like its been blown up from a very small res image. I do not know any programming or code writing but i can't imagine these things would take more than a couple days to fix if you were to do it as an official port.

Biased != not giving you exactly what you want instantly.
(2012-11-19, 15:33)qaxl Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know any programming or code writing but i can't imagine these things would take more than a couple days to fix if you were to do it as an official port.

That's a good point. You should quick learn how to program so you can demonstrate how easy it is.
(2012-11-19, 15:33)qaxl Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know any programming or code writing but i can't imagine these things would take more than a couple days to fix if you were to do it as an official port.

Just like the iOS and Android ports. Oh wait...

At least you were right about not knowing anything about programming.
(2012-11-19, 15:40)Begall Wrote: [ -> ]Biased != not giving you exactly what you want instantly.

Biased = Not being able to see beyond iOS and Android (feels like a mobile fanboy forum in here rather than xbmc forum, and thankyou Voyager for suggesting i switch to Android, i dont need your suggestions i already have an Android Device)

Biased = Having Full XBMC clients for OSX, Linux, Ubuntu, Neither of which compare to a user base even close to the 80 million active subscriptions of Blackberry, for which there isnt even a remote control app.

Biased = Saying BB10 may be the best thing on earth but we cant be bothered about it. need i say more ?
(btw i never claimed it would be the best thing in the world, it would be fighting WP8 for third 3rd spot in the mobile market space, i would personally think there should be an app for WP8 too but clearly you wouldnt be bothered about that too.)

Biased = the overall tone of how everyone is responding to this thread ..

I did not ask for your comments or suggestions i came here to ask if you could make an app, for another platform, if you will, well and good, if you won't just say so, id didn't come here expecting an overwhelmingly positive response considering the past few years of Blackberry, and the new OS being over 2 months to launch, but i did however imagine the some of you might show interest in developing for Blackberry 10. I thought the devs would be more open to ideas, clearly i was wrong, i guess i will re-vist in six months to see whats what.

given its 0% market share and it is a new OS to learn, developing for the bb10 will probably be placed in the 24,734th position on the xbmc developers' to do list.
(2012-11-19, 17:36)qaxl Wrote: [ -> ]Biased = Having Full XBMC clients for OSX, Linux, Ubuntu, Neither of which compare to a user base even close to the 80 million active subscriptions of Blackberry, for which there isnt even a remote control app.

Woooooow.

I can't believe you actually wrote that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5