Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo Beta1: Too many movie sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hey guys,

after upgrading to Frodo Beta 1 and rescanning my library I have got a lot of (senseless) movie sets in my library which often contains only one movie. (In most cases there are probably no more movies whatsoever). E.g. "Avatar Collection" or "300 collection".

Is this some known issue or have I overlooked a setting for this behaviour?

Cheers,
silent
Its a silly xbmc feature, someone thought it would be a great idea to do htis and the patch was integrated, imo it should be optional but its not. This was committed in alpha7.

You would have to grab jmarshall attention to maybe get a explanation why this is desired behaviour.

However solution is to remove these files from library in Movie set mode, when xbmc asks if you want to remove from library say yes, when xbmc asks if you wnat to permanetly delete files say no. It wont get added again I dont think.

uNi
Yeah this was a very silly change, I can't believe someone actually asked for this.
(2012-11-19, 20:30)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Its a silly xbmc feature, someone thought it would be a great idea to do htis and the patch was integrated, imo it should be optional but its not. This was committed in alpha7.

Then disable the option to show sets from settings.
(2012-11-19, 20:37)gabbott Wrote: [ -> ]Then disable the option to show sets from settings.

I find the feature great - for actual movie sets! So I would rather not disable it completly.

It's the fault of the tmdb site where you're likely scraping from, they are shown on there as Collections because more movies are under development, take 300 for example see http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/125...collection

Perhaps the tmdb should wait until the 2nd movie in a Collection is released but that is something you'd have to take up with them. The alternative is a feature request to change the sets functionality so xbmc doesn't show Sets where you only have one movie of a Collection.
That is because you are browsing the sets node. When you browse movies through normal library and the settings has only one movie in it it will show as a single movie.

TMDb should not change because that's has sets should be done.
The behaviour is by design in xbmc we did want it this way because of changes after Frodo
There was a specific codeset very recently that changed - to display single movies in sets, this was in a PR. and was merged, this caused this behaviour, not because tmdb, a month or so ago this didn't happen.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d245...a63bd0e38d

This isnt optional it happens no matter.

I remember reading clearly in passage the specific commit,I think its that one

single movies should not display as a set unless they have more than one movie in that set, but somehow they do because thats whats been pushed.

uNi
(2012-11-19, 21:44)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]That is because you are browsing the sets node. When you browse movies through normal library and the settings has only one movie in it it will show as a single movie.

TMDb should not change because that's has sets should be done.
The behaviour is by design in xbmc we did want it this way because of changes after Frodo

Actually you're right, that's where I saw it and come to think of it the actual movie library does not do this. Ignore my comment, it's fine the way it is.
hm, so there's nothing really to do about that? -> it's not a bug, it's...
Its a undesirable side effect.

The commit should have introduced a setting to make this optional, but it doenst.

* un1versal shrugs

I turned off everything movie sets relates and the queers just keep on coming, annoying annoyg

uNi.
(2012-11-20, 01:10)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Its a undesirable side effect.

The commit should have introduced a setting to make this optional, but it doenst.

* uNiversal shrugs

I turned off everything movie sets relates and the queers just keep on coming, annoying annoyg

uNi.

Yes, we see you feel strongly about it. Don't browse the sets node, as Martijn suggested. Or, turn off the option in settings. Simple.
Perhaps you can modify the .nfo (if it exists), and remove the <movieset> tag altogether....

In my library, single movies do not display as sets - just as others have already pointed out.

"the queers just keep on coming, annoying annoying"

Huh? Huh
The setting is off, group movies in sets is OFF. Does not work (it only affects library view.) I dont have nfos nor should I have to use them.

I like movie sets node I dont use anything else for sets in confluence., but I like them when they are actual movie sets, not some lonely movie pretending hes got friends.

@thark76 Its a line from a movie., I thought it appropriate and added annoying.

Any way, its done NO settings affect this issue, nothing will be done about this, case closed.

Nice advice but nothing you or MArtinj suggested works and I will not resort to nfo;s

ninite

Close it up folks, its time to go beddy beddy bye byes.
I think there's some confusion here. The support for not downloading sets data for a single movie is in the code, but the scrapers have to add the option in on their side to take advantage of this.

Once Add-on:XWMM (wiki) gets updated, that will be an easier way to modify/remove sets data than using nfo files.

EDIT: I didn't scroll down far enough. Seems the commit was reverted.
@ Ned ?

I dont understand what you posted in relation to the "problem" that the op has posted and I expanded on.

Are you saying that the scrapers need updating, so that single movies dont get added to movie sets node as a single movie set?

Technically any user shouldn't have to fiddle with nfos or XVMM because only in the case there's two or more movies in a particular set, only then should they be grouped in Sets node not before.

Though clearly every single XBMC user will have to waste another half hour removing things that dont really belong in movie sets node.

uNi
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7