Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCBuntu HDMI Sound Drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

Wrestled with getting HDMI Audio working on my ASUS Eee Box EB1006 last night with XBMCBuntu 11.0 and managed (with the help of various posts to get it working).

Im using a customer setting in my audio settings (hw:1,3) which is what aplay -L showed me. The card was also muted in alsamixer so an unmute there sorted it all, or so I thought. About 10 mins into the content I was playing (local video file) the audio drops out, it then comes back but drops out again after random intervals. The initial 10 min delay is not consistent even with the same file, it just drops at random.

I have tried files that are being streamed (DLNA) and audio files all with the same result, it just cuts out and then resumes after random intervals.

I have played with all of the playback settings and nothing much helps, same outcome. I have also tried this on another TV (which plays my Xbox HDMI sound no issues) and I get the same result.

The card in the machine is an ATI Radeon HD 4530 and after some Google help I still cant find any specific reason why the issues would be with the card.

Any ideas?

Thanks Rob