Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc-live v12 unmet dependancies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I've followed this post, to install a very minimal Ubuntu XBMC session. I added the unstable PPA along the way, and have a basic running Frodo install.

I've a problem installing xbmc-live, and currently have to login as the xbmc user, and run

Code:
xinit xbmc-standalone

to launch XBMC. Here is the problem I have trying when attempting to install:-

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
xbmc-live : Depends: xbmc (= 2:12.0~git20121112.1337-158aac0-0precise) but 2:12.0~git20121115.1002-beta1-0precise is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Kind regards,
Jon
Welcome to forums Smile

This is like a canned answer but it applies to you, specially first part about minimal install + xbmc

4th link on my sig

Your other post I given you a reply which is same for here.

uNi
Hi uNi. Yeah, I've seen both, thanks for your reply. I'm looking down the rebuild path, I'm in a good place to.

I assume following the Minimal build link I'll have an optomised system? I mean, after running through the build post will I then need to further tune the the system in any way?

n1md4
You need to install minimal ubuntu (I prefer 12,04 LTS 32 bit as 64 bit doesn nothing better that I can see)

Then you download script from post 2 and run it in user xbmc

I would upgrade the video drivers using xswat ppa before script at least add the ppa script should take care of drivers.

Actually use this one - same as the script, but I fixed a little problem. fixed apparmor

see http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=DC33kxAB do the wget thing

after that its should be a question of xorg.conf + xbmcsettings and other tweaks whatever you need. all I use is on my signature, however I dont have a 430

uNi
Have the same issue... Has the xbmc-live and xbmc-standalone packages been discontinued? They seem to not be built for the Frodo releases in the PPA, only for the Eden ones. Cannot get any sensible answer out of Google.
forget about xbmc-live and standalone, those a deprecated and discontinued.
Use the scripted install as suggested by uni or the manual way in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
Roger, thanks for that info Smile

Didn't want to use the script (scanned it and found it to do a bunch of stuff I don't want), so thank you also for the link to the manual method. Although it does seem terribly ATI-centric, and very pre-Frodo (PVR is now a native part of XBMC, for instance)... Gonna keep looking for something more current Smile

Cheers,
Daniel
that method is absolutely current. If you want mainline instead of xvba branch, just switch the ppa.
Roger. Not exactly sure which PPA then, but as it turns out, I didn't need any of that. I just installed the xbmc package, created a proper /etc/init.d script as per instructed (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...nit_script), and XBMC now runs perfectly without any other modifications.

Thanks for your time! Smile

Daniel
@DanielBuus

Script doesn't do anything you dont want (just because you see it in there means diddly), it actually asks you what you want to do or install when you run it. and FYI I have a ION which is nvidia and I used that script a few times in fact I squished a few bugs on it so with my last update it should be near enough perfect.

That init script on wiki is old, though it works but its noting like what I have which is 1/5 of that.

This is what I have which is upstart xinit script http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1225202 see tiny and does same or better job because I dont use mouse and I hate the X cusor and other pointers showing up I further tweaked it to kill cursor in X properly

But anyway at least you made use of the wiki.

uNi

uNi, you're a wizard! I'm a huge fan of the minimal install, everything working well now, just some fine tuning left.
Excellent news. fine tuning is essential as long as you dont fix what isn't broke Smile

+1

uNi
uNi, I've 2 issues currently unresolved, that you may be able to help with:-

i) You might have some comments on this thread.
ii) Some movies playback without any sound [edit] e.g. Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz).

Any assistance would be appreciated Smile

n1md4
The first I cant help you, I dont use or know anything about TV cards.

The second you probably need disabling AC3 in the xbmc audio settings menu.

uNi
Cheers for the assist, ready as ever!
Pages: 1 2