Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EDEN & FRODO ON SAME PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, I already have EDEN on my machine and was thinking to install FRODO 12b1 on the same machine. I will only launch one of the other, of course, but I wanted to make sure it's harmless to do so.. and if someone has done it already....Please advise... THX
Search for 'portable mode'.
Thanks, but I can find frodo portable! http://xbmc.org/download/ Moreover, when I run the installer I don't get an option for portable mode!
Portable mode is just a switch added to the shortcut that starts XBMC.

See here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...table_mode
OK got it...but in order to get a shortcut for any program wouldn't you have to install it 1st? and after installing it you can then RUN IT in portable mode correct? If, so where would I install frodo? a new dir? THX for clarifying...
When installing select/create a different directory from the exisitng install.

For example I've on the laptop I use for testing I've got:

c:\program files\xbmc-eden\
c:\program files\xbmc-frodo\
Thanks Bro! that's different than probable mode correct?
I did the same earlier this week as jjd-uk says and all seems ok...
Thanks Guys! Cheers!
Once you install in separate dirs like that, you still need to add the -p switch to make each instance look for stuff locally rather than in the user profile dir.
Yeah you run with the -p switch so a portable_data directory is created within the install directory then all your userdata is held in that directory so each install has it's own database, user settings, addons...etc.
Thank you again....Interesting! So I've installed frodo in a different folder, and I've noticed that when I launch it w/o the "-p" option, I get all my eden add-ons already installed and they show in frodo, BUT if I use the "-p" option looks like I have to install all the add-ons from scratch.... do you recommend I leave them both using common add-ons knowing that I will never launch both of them at the same time or should I just install separate add-ons for frodo? Thanks Much!
What I did a while back was install Eden in windows 7 x64 as normal and did some initial setup. Then copied everything in the user %appdata% into the portable_data folder in XBMC and then ran 11.0 in portable (-p) mode thereafter, and emptied the user %appdata%. Then I installed Frodo in its own folder and again copied user %appdata% into the portable_data folder in XBMC 12 and again run 12.0 in portable mode. So all my database, addons, settings, and thumbnails are fresh scan/scraped in Frodo (did not update existing db, nor export/import library), though source media is identical between the 2 installs. I did it this way so Frodo would never "see" my Eden user data. Note in my case all video has .nfos and local art and all music is tagged accurately.

scott s.
Thanks Scott!