Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Network Settings (Connecting to my PC through a Router)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm at my wits ends and I'm hoping someone can help. I can't believe I'm struggling with this so much, but I am.

I've had xbmc for about 3 years now. It's worked flawlessly, until recently when I got a new router. Now I can't get it to work at all. I know the wireless adapter works - I'm running Netflix through our Nintendo Wii just fine. I also know the share settings on my external hard drive work fine because I can access the video drive from my other laptops.

But for whatever reason, I cannot get the network settings correct so that XBMC can either see/browse my network and find my video folder.

I've tried it dynamically, and have gotten nowhere. I've tried it static, and have gotten nowhere. I think static would probably be best, but I'm at a loss at which settings go where...

IP Address:
Netmask:
Default Gateway
DNS Server
DNS Suffix

Where should I be getting the settings to plug into which field? How can I get this thing to see my network?
Windows or Linux?

Is your firewall blocking the connection?

Xbmc will take the connection info that's been configured on your OS.

So if you can surf/connect to your shares ect.. on your OS you should be good to go.