Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music collection mess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm trying to organize my music collection. And what a job it is.

I thought I was able to turn off the feature where XBMC would use the ID3 information to organise the albums.

So as it is at the moment I have a albums where the tracks are not grouping together as one album and instead are appearing as separate folders
with the same album name. This must be some inconsistency with the ID3 information.

Is there an easy way to organise this problem..... does XBMC have a tool for this? or can anyone recommend an easier way to make this painless to sort
and a tool to do it?

thanks
Mediamonkey works well. This procedure can be very tedious fyi. Do an album at a time.
(2012-11-23, 15:14)SolidSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm trying to organize my music collection. And what a job it is.

I thought I was able to turn off the feature where XBMC would use the ID3 information to organise the albums.

So as it is at the moment I have a albums where the tracks are not grouping together as one album and instead are appearing as separate folders
with the same album name. This must be some inconsistency with the ID3 information.

Is there an easy way to organise this problem..... does XBMC have a tool for this? or can anyone recommend an easier way to make this painless to sort
and a tool to do it?

thanks

I am also in the process of "re-doing" my whole music library, and, believe you me, its a process! I, like bry suggested, am using MediaMonkey, and it is good at what it does. I have also tried MusciBrainz Picard, it is a bit more automated, but with mediamonkey, you have more control. In anycase, all the programs that you are going to find, is gonna be a major PITA, so here is a suggestion.

I took a few dubble digit folders every night, and in the meantime, i am using XBMC in the file browser mode.

Using the file browser mode, XBMC will ignore the ID tags, and it will display all your music as they are stored on the computer.

Hope it helps

thanks will give it ago Smile
I use file browser as well. Not sure if I want to import everything into the music db
Using the library will give you additional filtering options, info and viewtypes ect, ect.
Not using the library in xbmc is like using the internet only for email.