Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Post removed ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems I got at least one post removed Smile

Is it possible to have a who and why about that ?
In which forum/thread was this post? What was the subject of this post and when was it posted?
Impossible to know
It was in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144409 posted 2012-11-22 near 10PM GMT+1 Smile

The post was a simple suggestion to use either Yatse or Music Pump.

If rules have changed and censorship is here no problem I don't do the rules but I think I'm enough active here helping when I can, submitting patches to deserve at least an explanation when someone delete my posts and not do hidden censoring.
jeez are you gonna nag about something like that.

who knows what happened. just move along
Lol I'm not mad at all Smile

Just need to know if I can still post in this sub forum or not
The forum software doesn't really keep good records of deleted content like the old one did. Doesn't sound like you did anything bad, so I wouldn't worry about it. Could have even just been a mistake.
Thanks for feedback.
Sounds like a mistake. If you don't mind, please repost your suggestions to the OP in that thread. Thanks.
I feel this is happening a lot. Been noticing several times stuff just disappearing. Most recently yesterday, I posted a tread and now it gone. It's not in the bin so I have no idea if it was moderated or not.

So, is deleting threads and posts common practice here or do they really just disappear?
I can't speak for everyone, but for myself here's when I delete something:

1. If it's just flat out inappropriate and needs to be removed, like someone being particularly rude/mean, exposing people's personal information, blatant trolling, posting naked pictures of me from that one time I ate that thing in the fridge and... you get the idea

2. Duplicate/cross posting. If someone posts the same/nearly-word-for-word post in two places, I'll typically delete one and keep the other depending on which one seems better located or if there are posts already. Sometimes I merge the threads, especially if there are replies in both, but the forum software sometimes acts weird and instead of redirecting one thread to the other, it might disappear at the old url. In any case, these are more maintenance-type deletions, and aren't meant to punish or anything like that.

3. Sometimes someone will edit their post and pretty much blank everything and say "nevermind" or even ask for the post to be deleted.

4. Totally off topic to the thread where there is a warning that a post will be deleted if it's off topic. For example, there was a development thread about using external players for XBMC for Android, and it started to get flooded with users asking how to set this up, even though this was in the development only forum.

5. Because I don't like your face. Nah, just kidding.

That's the basic idea, though there are probably other situations. I try to think of deleting things as something that should be rarely done and avoided whenever reasonable. If I think a deletion is unclear, then I'll normally send a PM to the user to explain, but it's always possible my definition of clear/unclear could be off.