Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I set audio sync offset more accurately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Presently I can set audio offset in 25ms intervals. But I need to get more precision. I've tried using the mouse but there's not enough resolution to move it accurately.

Are there any other keys I can use to move the slider in 1ms steps?
Would altering the audio delay range in advancedsettings.xml make a difference to the adjustment resolution?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...3Cvideo.3E
Doesn't appear to do anything.

Code:
<video>
<audiodelayrange>0.1</audiodelayrange>
</video>
(2012-11-24, 04:28)norm360 Wrote: [ -> ]Presently I can set audio offset in 25ms intervals. But I need to get more precision. I've tried using the mouse but there's not enough resolution to move it accurately.

There's no reason for this, your eyes/ears can't physically tell the difference of less than 25ms. And you are fooling yourself if you think you can.
(2012-11-24, 06:41)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-24, 04:28)norm360 Wrote: [ -> ]Presently I can set audio offset in 25ms intervals. But I need to get more precision. I've tried using the mouse but there's not enough resolution to move it accurately.

There's no reason for this, your eyes/ears can't physically tell the difference of less than 25ms. And you are fooling yourself if you think you can.

Maybe, maybe not. But for the purposes of something like this it would be highly useful to move in 1ms steps.