Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LIRC.Send with USB-UIRT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I'm stumped. I've been struggling with getting XBMC to send IR commands for a few days and I'm not getting anywhere.

I've got a USB-UIRT setup to transmit and a Snapstream Firefly for receiving. The Firefly worked out of the box. For the transmitter I created this hardware.conf (I see people putting things like TRANSMITTER_DEVICE in there, but that doesn't seem to do anything for mine):

Code:
# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
DRIVER="uirt2_raw"
DEVICE="/dev/ttyUSB0"

I can use "irsend" to control, for example my receiver, with this command:

Code:
irsend SEND_ONCE denon on

However, I can't seem to get XBMC to send commands using the LIRC.Send function. I've got the following in /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml:

Code:
:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <power>LIRC.Send(SEND_ONCE denon off)</power>
      <start>LIRC.Send(SEND_ONCE denon on)</start>
   </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

I've enabled debugging and I see XBMC attempt to send the commands, but nothing happens (no IR transmission occurs):

Code:
18:59:49 T:3041014400   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 713945:ce 0 KEY_CLOSE devinput (KEY_CLOSE)
18:59:49 T:3041014400   DEBUG: OnKey: 196 (c4) pressed, action is LIRC.Send(SEND_ONCE denon off)
18:59:49 T:3041014400   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 713985:ce 0 KEY_CLOSE_UP devinput (KEY_CLOSE_UP)

I'm not sure where the disconnect is between the two apps. Ive tried both the lircd that comes packaged with Raspbmc and compiling my own and still nothing. Any suggestions on what I should look for?

Also, for what it's worth, I can get it to work (kinda) with System.exec("irsend SEND_ONCE denon on") but I'd much rather use the native functionality if possible than a hack.

Thanks in advance!
Check xbmc.log, is xbmc connected to lircd at all?

Raspbmc from what I can tell, is using eventlircd. I'm not familiar with it, but I think it's why things aren't working for me. What little "documentation" I can find for that service states:

Quote:The eventlircd daemon does not support manually configuring the Linux input event devices, mapping key codes to non key code names, using devices that are not Linux input event devices, or transmitting IR signals.

I'm taking that to mean that LIRC.Send won't work when you're using eventircd, so I'm gonna try and disable it and setup regular old Lircd.