Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo video playing fast, no sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been using the frodo nightlies for a while and everything was fine. As soon as I upgrade to beta 1 all video plays faster than it should and there is no audio, if I revert to a nightly everything is back to normal.

I'm on ubuntu 12.04 and have a nvidia 9500GT and am using hdmi for audio/video. I've tried different versions of nvidia drivers and tried with vdpau on and off but nothing works for beta 1. Here is the log when i try to play a movie..the same movie works just fine with 20121118 nightly.

http://pastebin.com/Lf4fGekN
I have the same problem with Beta 1. Video is playing fast but its not always like that and notvwith all movies.
A restart of my server usually fixesvthe the video playback.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 server and an Nvidia GTX 560 graphics card. I think I have tried almost every setting in xbmc video but that dosent seem to matter.

How do i install the nightly from 20121118 to see if that works for me too.
I just re-installed a known working version from /var/cache/apt/archives/
(2012-11-24, 23:14)pork Wrote: [ -> ]I just re-installed a known working version from /var/cache/apt/archives/

I am pretty new to linux. How do you that?
in that directory you should see the last few versions of xbmc you installed. use dpkg to re-install. ex. 'sudo dpkg -i xbmc*201211131826*.deb'
MacOsX, did you ever get beta1 working correctly? I still haven't found a solution.
No luck for me either. Tried to install an older version but didnt succeed.
For me a restart of the server fixes it for a while and all the sudden it dosent work. Video playing to fast.
There must be more systems like ours that have the same problem.
Cant find anything in the logs either.

I only play 1080p material on movies and both 1080p and 720p on tv shows.
Dont know if thats matter. A solution would be really nice.
This issue still exists in beta2, anyone have any ideas? Is there more info I can provide to help?
Me to, anything with dts or dolby plays fast. Also passthrough audio device just has Default (Pulse Audio) and used to have other options in the nightlies before Beta1&2.
Same problem here. Nvidia ION on Ubuntu 12.10 kernel 3.5.0-19
You can switch to analog (which sucks) or delete pulseaudio.

Has to do with the wrong selection of device's in the sound menu
I'll just wait until its fixed instead of deleting stuff was working great before.
"sudo apt-get autoremove pulseaudio" solved my problems.
They had it working with pulseaudio installed before Frodo went beta, don't think removing pulseaudio is really a solution.
(2012-12-06, 23:30)mudwater Wrote: [ -> ]They had it working with pulseaudio installed before Frodo went beta, don't think removing pulseaudio is really a solution.

I agree, but at least I can run an up-to-date version now. I will try and install pulseaudio now and then to check wether the issue has been solved for real yet.
Pages: 1 2 3