Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I do this? Play several show chronologically?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hopefully I can explain this correctly. Kind of a "daytime television" mode.

I work alone from home and play the TV during the day, but it has to be things I don't have to pay a tremendous amount of attention to. Think classic or "newer but just OK" sitcoms.

What I'd like to do is have a "group" of shows. Say 6, preferably with starting points, and it would play them one after the other, but in chronological order for each show.

So if I told it to start all the shows at S01E01, it would play "Show 1 S01E01", "Show 2 S01E01", up to "Show 6 S01E01", Then it would go "Show 1 S01E02", "Show 2 S01E02" and so on.

I've looked at Smart Playlists along with someone very knowledgeable of them, and could never make it work. Then looked at PseudoTV but that wasn't what I thought it was.

Is there a feature, plugin, etc I'm overlooking, or can it not be done?

Thanks for any ideas.
Not elegant nor automated: Queue up your desired shows/episodes manually at the start of the day and starting playing.
Honestly I was going to do this, just navigate to a series or whatever, select last watched file>bring up context menu>play from here.

playlist are probably better and if you cant get it working with this palylist guru I wont be able to help you either (as Im not familiar with playlists)

uNi