Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Logitech remote better now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to possibly replace my old MCE remote and I've thought about getting a Logitech again. I had one in the past, and it was very sluggish with XBMC. I did change the key delays and all of the other tweaks I could find, but we were never very happy with it.

Have they changed much? Better alternatives out there? Anyone else's experience?

I'm assuming this is for the Linux platform (based on the XBMCbuntu reference in your sig line)?
Dont think I had any problems with my Harmony on either Windows, Live, xbmcbuntu or openelec.

So yes you can get one but I would at least go for the 600/650, my favorite is the 700 because I am not a fan of the touchscreens of the "top" models.
(2012-11-25, 01:12)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming this is for the Linux platform (based on the XBMCbuntu reference in your sig line)?

When I originally tried it out, yes. I'm currently on Windows 8 as I was trying out Frodo before the beta was available as an iso for UBMCbuntu.

An XBMCbuntu ISO for Frodo (beta) is available now, so do you plan to stay with Win8 or switch back to XBMCbuntu?

Let me rephrase my original question: On which operating system(s) do you wish to use a Logitech Harmony remote? Your answer to this will help target responses only from those forum members who have personal experiences with Harmony remotes and your desired operating system(s). After all, a member who tells you his Harmony works great/horribly on, say Mac OSX, won't be very pertinent to your needs. Wink
I have a 600 works well with Openelec.
(2012-11-25, 07:41)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]An XBMCbuntu ISO for Frodo (beta) is available now, so do you plan to stay with Win8 or switch back to XBMCbuntu?

Let me rephrase my original question: On which operating system(s) do you wish to use a Logitech Harmony remote? Your answer to this will help target responses only from those forum members who have personal experiences with Harmony remotes and your desired operating system(s). After all, a member who tells you his Harmony works great/horribly on, say Mac OSX, won't be very pertinent to your needs. Wink

Tricky question honestly. I had planned to use Windows 8 until Frodo was final, and then probably go back to XBMCbuntu, but I'm questioning myself as to why I want to. The windows version seems a lot easier to keep up to date thus far.

So far though, no negative input from anyone.

Hi

Ive had no problems with my harmony one remote with the latest xbmcbuntu beta releases.

Matt
They are still slow. I've read that with the new Harmony Touch you cannot even adjust repeats, only interkey delay.
(2012-11-25, 19:10)toiva Wrote: [ -> ]They are still slow. I've read that with the new Harmony Touch you cannot even adjust repeats, only interkey delay.

Are you using a Logitech now? I'm just looking for a good universal remote. Doesn't have to be able to do 30 macros at the touch of a button, just be able to control Uverse and XBMC.

I use a diNovo Mini and its quite responsive. Theres an odd delay but im not quite sure if its the remote itself as I bought a second hand.
My old Harmony 520 (still my favorite Harmony) still works fabulously on my Windows clients. All of my non-windows clients are controlled with apps, so no clue about performance on those with a Harmony.
(2012-11-25, 23:37)Glave Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-25, 19:10)toiva Wrote: [ -> ]They are still slow. I've read that with the new Harmony Touch you cannot even adjust repeats, only interkey delay.

Are you using a Logitech now? I'm just looking for a good universal remote. Doesn't have to be able to do 30 macros at the touch of a button, just be able to control Uverse and XBMC.

I have a Harmony One. After tweaking the settings you can get the delay to a tolerable level, but it's not as fast as a MCE or Apple Remote.