Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xstreamer ultra 2 - worth it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi every one. I was looking for a cheap all in one xbmc solution. Came across the Xstreamer Ultra 2. Is it enough to run xbmc without a hitch? It's powered by a Atom D2700. You can check it out here: http://www.xtreamer.net/ultra2/
I just want fluent menus and of course video playback (1080/720p). I'm just not sure if this one is quite "strong" enough ...

Thanks for reading.
Well, i have the Xtreamer Ultra 1 , the best HTPC i have.
I also have a Giada N3 and a Zbox AD10.

But the Xtreamer definately kicks ass....

IMO the ideal hw for running XBMC on Linux. I use Zotac ID80 and D2700-itx which have similar specs.
thx guys. i guess i'm gonna give it a try. i'll make sure to post upcoming questions. if there are any. (hopefully not, though)
sorry to jump in guys but is this an actual "computer" as such, does this come with windows 7 meaning you have access to the internet too on this little thing? If so that's amazing.
(2012-11-26, 00:58)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]sorry to jump in guys but is this an actual "computer" as such, does this come with windows 7 meaning you have access to the internet too on this little thing? If so that's amazing.

They don't come with Windows. The fully equipped version comes with OpenELEC preinstalled. You can put windows 7 on it if you like.
Sorry if this is considered Hijacking... but I can't find an option to start a new post so I'm hoping people can PM me or create a similar post more appropriate to the issue...

I've had an iXtreamer Pro for a few years now.

Pro's:
Plays every format I've thrown at it
Room for an internal HDD (mine's 2tb)

Cons:
Not as small as newer players
Support is not only unhelpful, but seem to have an attitude with any critism or complaints (as others have said, they're quick to remove forum posts if it highlights an issue they can't fix.

Biggest Con (For me) is that depending on your TV, you may have audio sync issues through the HDMI. I've played the same file on other TV's and through the composite cables and sound's ok, but on my brothers 42" samsung 3d (7 series) tv, I can't fix the sync issues (common issue and no "solutions" found on Google fix it.

I'm now moving house and need to buy a new TV and don't know what works... I'll be steering clear of Samsung and 3D.

I wish there was a list of TV's proven NOT to cause this issue.

SO IF ANYONE HAS AN iXtreamer Pro and doesn't have audio issues using it on thier TV, please please please can you PM me or stick it on the forum. One day I'll get another streamer, but for now I'll be happy buying a TV that'll play without the audio sync issues (mostly when playing the MKV files).
Xtreamer is not a trustworthy company...

(btw you can get your Xtreamer to an electronics shop and try it in a TV that you would like to buy and see if it works correctly Wink )...
Aye, heard nothing good about them and reading their responses on the forums make me want to hurt someone lol.

I may have to go down the route of lugging the streamer around shops, though as I'm likely to get a better deal online, I'll feel a bit cheeky doing it Wink
I have bought some 6 Xtreamers when I really did not know of better.
Original Sidewinder with and without fan, Sidewinder3, Etrayz & Pro.

I am so happy I finally found XBMC and Intel NUC.

No more Xtreamers, ever.
(2013-08-06, 15:36)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]......
I am so happy I finally found XBMC and Intel NUC.

Nod
xtreamer pro isnt bad. I dont have any problems with it and picture quallity is very good.

anyway, I am waiting for haswell NUC to replace it, and I really hope that Intel will do something about linux drivers to be able to set contrast additionally to brightness for HW decoding.