Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Karaoke Lyrics not refreshing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Using Frodo on an AppleTV2, but I have a slight problem getting Karaoke to work properly.
I read the Karaoke Howto and everything is set up fine.
After the playback of a MP3 has started, I can see a black screen with the lyrics. But only the first lines. They don't change to the next lines in the song, as it plays.
But if I press Pause, the song pauses and the lyrics are "refreshed" , so the correct lyrics are visible for the part of the song, where I paused.

As english is not my native language, I still hope you can understand, what the issue is and maybe provide any hints or even a solution?
My girl really wants to sing soon ;-)

overlook
Could you verify if this is an ios specific problem or a generic issue? Just install XBMC on a PC and see if it works there or fails in the same way.
I just checked - it's not an iOS specific problem. It's not working on a Ubuntu installation either.
If i switch on the Debugging, it works, because the screen is updated with the FPS and processor usage.
I just found out, it works, if I set <defaultbackground type="vis"/> in the <karaoke>-section in the advancedsettings.xml (enables visualization during lyrics playback)
... looks like a bug, as the screen is not refreshing, if lyrics only are displayed.
try deactivating dirty rendering via advancedsettings.xml and see if this fixes it too.
yes,
if i set
Code:
<gui>    
  <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>

it works - does it have any side-effects like performance problems on other parts of xbmc, like playback of video?
XBMC wise, it shouldn't actually effect performance.
Okay, but as I want to have visualisation anyways during karaoke, I just switch on the vis-flag.
Should I open a bug report for this?
yes please