Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Thanks a lot for the fast reply ronie I'll try it all out later when I get home from work, and thanks for all the work on a great skin.
The best skin and layout there is.
THANKS RONIE :-)
@ronie: I have yet another observation regarding broken movie covers in Transparency. I've just noticed that my custom movie covers are broken only when browsing movies, e.g. in Fanart mode. However when I select movie and switch to movie info screen (this one: http://xbmc.org/wp-content/gallery/trans...e-info.jpg), I can see all my covers just fine. Do you have any idea what could be the reason? Does transparency use different files for those two modes (that would be akwardSmile)?
(2013-01-19, 11:12)bece84 Wrote: [ -> ]@ronie: I have yet another observation regarding broken movie covers in Transparency. I've just noticed that my custom movie covers are broken only when browsing movies, e.g. in Fanart mode. However when I select movie and switch to movie info screen (this one: http://xbmc.org/wp-content/gallery/trans...e-info.jpg), I can see all my covers just fine. Do you have any idea what could be the reason? Does transparency use different files for those two modes (that would be akwardSmile)?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151007
Hi Ronnie,

Thanks man great skin dude.

Any idea how to mark it as enabled?

Running RC3 and 5.0.6 on Windows... I have tried everything but cannot figure out how to enable the skin.

Really like this skin been using it for ages.

Only thing I don't like is the settings page. Its hard to see which item is highlighted and doesn't follow the theme of the skin IMO.

Would like to see a slightly fancier osd with time the show will finish and updated graphics.

Overall though it really is nice. Thanks mate.
(2013-01-19, 20:13)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151007

but doing this I will lose not only all my custom covers but also all scrapped and manualy corrected movie infos and I would obviously like to avoid that. Can you tell a little where this difference (in correctly showing covers on "about" page, but not on list) comes from?
(2013-01-20, 13:36)Tip-Ex Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ronnie,

Running RC3 and 5.0.6 on Windows... I have tried everything but cannot figure out how to enable the skin.

settings > addons > get addons > xbmc.org addons > skins > transparency
select transparency and click install.
(2013-01-20, 15:18)jadel Wrote: [ -> ]Really like this skin been using it for ages.

Only thing I don't like is the settings page. Its hard to see which item is highlighted and doesn't follow the theme of the skin IMO.

Would like to see a slightly fancier osd with time the show will finish and updated graphics.

Overall though it really is nice. Thanks mate.

if you have any graphic design skills, i'm open to suggestions :-)
(2013-01-20, 15:22)bece84 Wrote: [ -> ]but doing this I will lose not only all my custom covers but also all scrapped and manualy corrected movie infos and I would obviously like to avoid that.
i'm afraid i don't have an exact answer.
as far as i understood, when you upgrade from eden to frodo
xbmc will ask you to rescan your library in order to update all the artwork.

i could be wrong though...
i also have no idea if you'll loose any custom artwork if you do so.

(2013-01-20, 15:22)bece84 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell a little where this difference (in correctly showing covers on "about" page, but not on list) comes from?

the skin uses two different infolabels in those sections,
they should point to the same image though.
(2013-01-20, 17:30)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

No option to install. It seems to be installed already but it is marked as disabled. The option to enable (an all others for that matter) is greyed out.

If I choose rollback I get 5.0.6 (current) and 5.0.4 (blacklisted) none seem to have any effect
(2013-01-20, 19:53)Tip-Ex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-20, 17:30)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

No option to install. It seems to be installed already but it is marked as disabled. The option to enable (an all others for that matter) is greyed out.

If I choose rollback I get 5.0.6 (current) and 5.0.4 (blacklisted) none seem to have any effect

try if deleting the addon.db file fixes it...
../userdata/Database/addon15.db
Transparency is a very nice skin for XMBC. I love it very much.
I installed XMBC 12 RC3 with transparency skin. I found the button which is used for shutting off computer in the UI of XMBC didn't work. When I clicked this button, the XMBC just exited instead of shutting off computer, but the default skin didn't have this problem. Is there anyone have the same defect? How to fix it? Your prompt reply will be appreciated.
Hi, This is quickly becoming my favorite skin minus one snag.... Context menus don't show up at all for me in WALL or COVERFLOW modes.... Well they might show up as I have to hit escape to navigate again... but I can't see the context menu.... i have a feeling it is invisible which is worse than it missing, when you consider my precious library in the hands of a novice housemate user going button mad... Anyone else having this issue? Are devs already aware? Any tips?
THANK YOU!
(2013-01-22, 07:36)alan Wrote: [ -> ]Transparency is a very nice skin for XMBC. I love it very much.
I installed XMBC 12 RC3 with transparency skin. I found the button which is used for shutting off computer in the UI of XMBC didn't work. When I clicked this button, the XMBC just exited instead of shutting off computer, but the default skin didn't have this problem. Is there anyone have the same defect? How to fix it? Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

i can't think of a single reason why there would be a difference between Confluence and Transparency! here.

the shutdown menu may not be supported on some systems (ATV2 iirc), but behaviour should be similar across skins.

post a Debug Log of you pressing the shutdown button in Confluence
and a Debug Log of doing the same in Transparency!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26