Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IMDB add on stopped working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
imdb si dead?
(2012-12-05, 20:41)simoalien Wrote: [ -> ]imdb si dead?

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Read this entire thread, especially post #4. Wink

(2012-12-05, 21:24)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 20:41)simoalien Wrote: [ -> ]imdb si dead?

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Read this entire thread, especially post #4. Wink
Big Grin ok thanks, I think I understood that before or later it comes ..
I am sorry to say, but this should be a NUMBER ONE item on the RSS FEED, the WEBSITE and everywhere an entry point to XBMC exists. This is HUGE and I had to search for quite a while to get to this entry.

Just my 10c, but very disappointed that XBMC's staff did not make this a priority item on EVERYTHING!

Kind regards
Aubrey Kloppers
South Africa
(2012-12-08, 09:39)cyber7 Wrote: [ -> ]Just my 10c, but very disappointed that XBMC's staff did not make this a priority item on EVERYTHING

Why would we? IMDb is not the default scraper of XBMC. Other than that, there was a pop up message in your XBMC notifying you about the IMDb addon being broken.
(2012-12-08, 09:39)cyber7 Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry to say, but this should be a NUMBER ONE item on the RSS FEED, the WEBSITE and everywhere an entry point to XBMC exists. This is HUGE and I had to search for quite a while to get to this entry.

As it was said in another thread, it will be fixed eventually. So for now, use alternatives...there are plenty...
(2012-12-08, 22:21)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]As it was said in another thread, it will be fixed eventually.

Don't bet on this.
(2012-12-08, 09:39)cyber7 Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry to say, but this should be a NUMBER ONE item on the RSS FEED, the WEBSITE and everywhere an entry point to XBMC exists. This is HUGE and I had to search for quite a while to get to this entry.

Just my 10c, but very disappointed that XBMC's staff did not make this a priority item on EVERYTHING!

Kind regards
Aubrey Kloppers
South Africa

tbh, I agree with this guy. The IMDB plugin is leagues ahead of the others, and really allows you to showcase the media library. The default one just doesn't cut it, at all.

Does it work by scraping the web pages, or is there an API? Is there any reason this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon?

I might even have a crack at fixing it myself. Where is the source?
Just want to join in and say I too hope that the IMDB scraper will be fixed soon. My movies are mainly what many would call "foreign". I tried the Universal scraper yesterday and now, over 20% of my titles are missing and can not be found.

As long as the title itself has to be in the TMDB for it to be able to scrape info from IMDB, it will not work for me.

(2012-12-09, 11:57)erikovs Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to join in and say I too hope that the IMDB scraper will be fixed soon. My movies are mainly what many would call "foreign". I tried the Universal scraper yesterday and now, over 20% of my titles are missing and can not be found.

As long as the title itself has to be in the TMDB for it to be able to scrape info from IMDB, it will not work for me.

So what is stopping you from doing something back to the community and add those movies yourself.
Saying this is too much work is just a lame excuse.

We do a lot for the community so it's time every one else does something back. If any one thinks tmdb isn't good enough has to blame himself for not adding the movie there
IMDB is the industry standard in the movie biz, trying to create a second database for one purpose only, will never be as good as IMDB. Calling me lame for not having the time to add 1500 titles myself (I have a huge collection) in a database, (when the data already excists another place), whell that just lame.
(2012-12-09, 12:09)erikovs Wrote: [ -> ]IMDB is the industry standard in the movie biz, trying to create a second database for one purpose only, will never be as good as IMDB. Calling me lame for not having the time to add 1500 titles myself (I have a huge collection) in a database, (when the data already excists another place), whell that just lame.

Tell that to imdb who don't provide an API which we could use. Now they are just actively preventing other people from using their databases
(2012-12-09, 08:16)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-08, 22:21)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]As it was said in another thread, it will be fixed eventually.

Don't bet on this.

I kinda, sorta have a fix, but it may not be legit (for a variety of reasons).

@olympia Can I PM you the patch to test? It may very well be something you've already considered and rejected.
There was a major bug in IMDb search engine which they only fixed a couple of days ago. I will looking into it.

@scudlee, does your patch using the undocumented API or using the web search?
(2012-12-09, 12:51)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]@scudlee, does your patch using the undocumented API or using the web search?

The API didn't seem to give much better results than the web. My fix actually does use it in part, but only because it's simpler to parse.

My fix is a little more evil.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7