Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HELP! - MCE Remote Hell 12.10 Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a brand new system that is using an i3 1155 chip with onboard video. I decided to instal Ubuntu 12.10 (Desktop) because the newer kernal has much better support for my onbaord video, which is important for watching HD content with my box.

I have my installation working pretty well, booting into XBMC and everything, but I can't get the MCE remote to work!

I have tried using LIRC, in various configurations. irw gives me no output. I have tried using the ir-keytable. ir-keytable -t gives me no output. No matter what I try, I can't get a single button to work on the remote and I just had this remote working yesterday, so it is known-good.

Please help! I have no idea what to do at this point and I have spent hours looking for new solutions, without any luck.
BTW... lsinput lists the remote just fine on rc0/event2. I've tried using the event input directly with LIRC without any luck. The default MCE configuration didn't work so well either.
Welcome to forums

Try this

Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc
Then on first screen

Remote control configuration:
Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)

Second screen
IR transmitter, if present:
None

uNi
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. no response in XBMC from any of the buttons and irw gives no output.
change the batteries.

Also post enable debug and pastebin xbmc debug log where it shows you pressing keys.

uNi
Or you could just get a flirc receiver and call it a day.
That's the thing. XBMC isn't receiving anything. It doesn't seem like I am even receiving any events straight from lirc or ir-keytable.
Does Linux even see the receiver? What's the output of lsusb? The remote's going to do you know good if the receiver isn't being recognized.
Yep, the reciever is picked up by lsusb. That definitely isn't the issue.
Just gave Beta2 of XBMCbuntu a try too. Unfortunately, it looks like the XBMC packaged version of 12.10 doesn't install the right video drivers and it fails to boot into XBMC, which is even worse than Beta1 for me. Guess I'm sticking with my existing install for now.