Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WebInterface for sharing Movielist and administration of Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello everyone,

me and my brother have coded a webinterface for XBMC (running on linux) as it the Database administration on XBMC was a bit unpleasend for me (assigning movies to certain moviesets, and even worse, assigning cover/fanart for a movieset).

Also there was our weekly conversation "Do you have a good movie that you could recommend?"....
So we got the idea from ShareTheTv to look it up yourself which movies/tvshows the other one has. But we didn't wanted to upload our entire database file.......

I have not every idea I have in mind implemented yet, but I just wanted to present it if there is any need for something like this (to release).

So here are some screenshots, hope you like it:

- newly added movies (list):

- newly added movies (gallery mode):

- movie details:

- movie details (big cover):

- set editor

- tv shows

Sources are on GitHub

A made an install script, that automatically installs needed packages (git, apache, php...) and clones the repository from git.
Looks really great (but I would recommend linking to the pictures as well - since your SSL-certificate isn't trusted, one has to accept the untrusted connection first, before the pictures are being displayed in this thread)!

Can't wait to try it out Smile
(2012-12-03, 14:01)HenryFord Wrote: [ -> ]Looks really great (but I would recommend linking to the pictures as well - since your SSL-certificate isn't trusted, one has to accept the untrusted connection first, before the pictures are being displayed in this thread)!

Sorry, I just linked the images as https by accident Smile
Changed the thumbs and the links (the images are the links Smile )

(2012-12-03, 14:01)HenryFord Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait to try it out Smile

If you want to test it I would send you the files, but I need an install-script for distribution that I didn't have right now but that's not a big deal.
But like the topic sais: it run's just under linux right now Blush
@3dfx,

1) Does this require an XBMC mysql database.
2) If not, does this have to run from the XBMC host itself?
(2012-12-03, 15:50)khaoohs Wrote: [ -> ]@3dfx,

1) Does this require an XBMC mysql database.
2) If not, does this have to run from the XBMC host itself?

1:
No, mysql is not required, but sqlite as it uses the same db-file as XBMC

2:
If the directory of the db-file and the Thumbnails directory would be mounted in the right places it should also work. Also write access is needed for the db-file (change name, assign set-cover, set movie to watched/unwatched...)

Required packages are:
apache2 sqlite3 php5 php5-sqlite php5-gd php5-gmp
Hmmm, it seems like there is no interest for this.
Sure there is, sounds like a great tool.
Until now i was unable to easily edit movie sets.

Could you post the files and install instructions?
I would love to give this a try!

(2012-12-05, 13:04)st33lb0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Sure there is, sounds like a great tool.
Until now i was unable to easily edit movie sets.

Could you post the files and install instructions?
I would love to give this a try!

I have to make an install script, then I can post the files.
Don't forget, it's just for Linux machines.
That would be great, looking forward to testdrive this Smile

I'm running ubuntu 12.10 x64 so that should be fine.
(2012-12-05, 13:43)3dfx Wrote: [ -> ]I have to make an install script, then I can post the files.
The install-script, that is?
I'd probably able to help you out with an install-script for Windows (Apache is running on windows as well, after all).

(2012-12-05, 13:59)st33lb0ne Wrote: [ -> ]That would be great, looking forward to testdrive this Smile

I'm running ubuntu 12.10 x64 so that should be fine.

Ok, I uploaded the files to DROPBOX
But I'm not responsible for any possible data loss, please backup your db-file and stuff.

Running the script "sudo sh insall_xbmcDB" should do nearly everything you need.

Steps after running the script:
- check if "/var/www/" is root directory for apache2
- admin/user credentials and maybe some other variables has to be set in "/var/www/template/config.php"

I hope it works fine as it is the first time it will run on any other machine except of my brothers Smile
(2012-12-05, 14:47)HenryFord Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 13:43)3dfx Wrote: [ -> ]I have to make an install script, then I can post the files.
The install-script, that is?
I'd probably able to help you out with an install-script for Windows (Apache is running on windows as well, after all).

Thanks Smile
But the thing is that this just ran on linux, I don't know if the access a sqlite-database is the same on Windows (as it should be...)
And there are some codefragments just for linux, i.e. grabbing file sizes.
(2012-12-05, 15:14)3dfx Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I uploaded the files to DROPBOX
I could mirror it for you, if you want - so you don't exceed your Dropbox's bandwith-limit Smile

Quote:Thanks Smile
But the thing is that this just ran on linux, I don't know if the access a sqlite-database is the same on Windows (as it should be...)
I'll look into it - it should be possible on Windows as well, probably I can help out with doing a Windows-Version Smile

@3dfx, I have downloaded your packages and am looking them over now. Will report back later.
(2012-12-05, 16:08)HenryFord Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 15:14)3dfx Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I uploaded the files to DROPBOX
I could mirror it for you, if you want - so you don't exceed your Dropbox's bandwith-limit Smile

Sure, why not!
But before you mirror it, we should wait if it works properly Smile

(2012-12-05, 16:08)HenryFord Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 15:14)3dfx Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Smile

I'll look into it - it should be possible on Windows as well, probably I can help out with doing a Windows-Version Smile

Sure, any help is welcome!

(2012-12-05, 16:29)khaoohs Wrote: [ -> ]@3dfx, I have downloaded your packages and am looking them over now. Will report back later.

Yeah, would be nice to get some feedback if it's working or not, or if some stuff not working correctly.
I looked over the install script, instead of moving and linking my movie database, I just copied it over to the /var/www directory for testing.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing, there seems to be some SQL errors. I am also not getting any of the cover images.

http://minus.com/lbfLpenNlWd7Sl

Overall, this is very promising and I appreciate the effort you put into this.

I am getting the following error

Code:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "re": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "t": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "t": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "t": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "ve": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "m": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "Aces": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "t": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "re": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "re": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "s": syntax errorSQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "re": syntax error[/code]
Pages: 1 2 3 4