Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weird when scanning for content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I've been using XBMC now for about 5 years and have never really had any problems. About 6 months ago I added a file server in my network due to lack of space on my HTPC.
Now I noticed something weird, when scanning for new content I usually could just press C, and the chose "scan for new content" but now with the new server that wouldnt work.
So what I had to do now to get the new content from my file server to appear on XBMC was to turn of library mode and then I was able to scan in the new content. Notice that I had to do this for both Movies and Series.
I didnt really think of it as a such a big deal and I could live with it.

Tho, a few days ago I noticed that now I couldnt scan in new movies even tho I tried both with and without library-mode, BUT I could still scan series (only with library-mode off).
After trying a few things I got it to work, by adding the *.nfo-files to the movie-folders and now I can scan in the new content in library-mode aswell as outside library-mode.

I've never used the *.nfo-files before so I wonder if there are anyway I can fix this, so I can scan in both movies and series in library-mode by just pressing "C" and select "scan for new content"?

I am using version XBMC 10.0r35647

EDIT:
I've tried to update to version 11, and 12, but didnt like either of them since the library-mode is gone, and therefore I need to browse the new content manualy, press C on it and then scan for new content for it to appear in my library.
I know that IMDB scraper cant be used, and I do use theMovieDB temporarily but I still have to do this little work-around to get stuff in my library.
Library mode is still there in 12
You need to setup it properly
(2012-12-03, 17:52)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Library mode is still there in 12
You need to setup it properly

Ok, so how is the setup different from version 10?

I got 2 sources, one for movies and one for series.
My movie source contains like "D://movies", "E://movies" etc over approx 8 HDDs and 2 network-drives, same goes for series but with "D://series" etc.

When I want to update my movie- or series-library I need to go out of library-mode and press "C" on that source and then search for the new content there. Im not able to just search of the new content normally by doing it in the movie/series-library for some reason. It's been like this since I added my file-server to XBMC, and I dont think I've added the source to the file-server wrong.

I've just shared it from my ubuntu-server with full permissions to my HTPC. I can display the HDD from the file-server on my HTPC as a network drive, and I've added it like a source just like a normal HDD.
just out of curiosity, post your sources.xml
(2012-12-04, 00:55)helta Wrote: [ -> ]just out of curiosity, post your sources.xml

Dont have them anymore. I did a complete re-install on my XBMC and upgraded to version 11. Now I everything works Smile