Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rockchip RK3066 XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Guys,

Is there any plans in motion or any plans to have a compatible build of XBMC for the RK3066 chipset to let us take advantage of the HW decoding. AndrewDB over at slatedroid.com has a copy of the kernal source and has been doing some fine work getting ubuntu working for the chipset. See his alpha build here

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41453-pr...802-mk808/

Kindest
I don't know of any specific Rockchip plans, but there are some generic support efforts that might also cover Rockchips chips.
Hi there. I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of these? please
It's all works-in-progress by the devs. I don't think there's anything ready to use, yet. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
I've tried multiple versions of XBMC (including beta 2) on my Minix G4 (Rockchip 3066 - Ram 1Gb).The 720p video lag slightly. It looks like XBMC is not ready for Rockchip 3066.
(2012-12-05, 08:24)tienlequoc Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried multiple versions of XBMC (including beta 2) on my Minix G4 (Rockchip 3066 - Ram 1Gb).The 720p video lag slightly. It looks like XBMC is not ready for Rockchip 3066.

XBMC is not ready for most Android devices since hardware video decoding is very limited right now. I'm not sure how any clearer we can make that.
i agree, xbmc on portable devices is a work in progress.
http://service.i-onik.de/ heare is new relised sorce code for rk3066. the a09 one is rk3066. could any xbmc dev could look at it?
(2012-12-05, 08:24)tienlequoc Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried multiple versions of XBMC (including beta 2) on my Minix G4 (Rockchip 3066 - Ram 1Gb).The 720p video lag slightly. It looks like XBMC is not ready for Rockchip 3066.

have you tried configuring xbmc to use an external player?

how are you finding that machine in general?
I bought the Minix Neo X5 and I love it so far. Lots of stuff to mess with and plenty of ports. I've had bad luck trying to run XBMC Live on a PC. First machine would commonly corrupt the main partition when my wife tried to watch DVDs on the DVD drive (no matter how much I tried to tell her to stop doing that and I figured I'd upgrade it soon anyway). So I upgraded the box to an AMD Fusion and after a few weeks it quit booting. Now I just want a decent piece of hardware that I can run XBMC on. The Neo X5 has bluetooth (so I can pair wiimotes and PS3 controllers to it out of the box), wireless/wired networking, eSata port, 3 USB ports...so far running emulators on it has been pretty flawless. Heat is pretty much a non-issue and hardware acceleration seems good for the one PS1 game I played. My biggest disappointment (after the lack of XBMC hardware acceleration) is that the Hulu Plus app doesn't work yet. I tried accessing Hulu Plus through PlayOn and it just crashes when I try to watch a show (I get all the way to selecting the episode...hit play...crash).

Yes...I could configure an external player, but apparently it doesn't support watching movies over a Samba share unless I mount it to the file system. Since I have multiple shares for my stuff, this would be annoying...esp if I lose it every time I update firmware. I can't even find decent instructions on how to mount a windows file share to the Android OS that will automatically reconnect after reboots (Google is usually pretty helpful in this regard).

Once XBMC is sorted out and stable, I can finally decommission my old Asus O!Play.
There are so many Android TV gadgets using RK3066 these days. It is a pity that xmbc does not run on them

http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/11/04/r...and-tools/
(2012-12-20, 07:51)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]

have you tried configuring xbmc to use an external player?

how are you finding that machine in general?

When you do that you lose the ability to play networked media. Pretty worthless IMO.

(2012-12-26, 10:03)IguanaC64 Wrote: [ -> ]I bought the Minix Neo X5 and I love it so far. Lots of stuff to mess with and plenty of ports. I've had bad luck trying to run XBMC Live on a PC. First machine would commonly corrupt the main partition when my wife tried to watch DVDs on the DVD drive (no matter how much I tried to tell her to stop doing that and I figured I'd upgrade it soon anyway). So I upgraded the box to an AMD Fusion and after a few weeks it quit booting. Now I just want a decent piece of hardware that I can run XBMC on. The Neo X5 has bluetooth (so I can pair wiimotes and PS3 controllers to it out of the box), wireless/wired networking, eSata port, 3 USB ports...so far running emulators on it has been pretty flawless. Heat is pretty much a non-issue and hardware acceleration seems good for the one PS1 game I played. My biggest disappointment (after the lack of XBMC hardware acceleration) is that the Hulu Plus app doesn't work yet. I tried accessing Hulu Plus through PlayOn and it just crashes when I try to watch a show (I get all the way to selecting the episode...hit play...crash).

Yes...I could configure an external player, but apparently it doesn't support watching movies over a Samba share unless I mount it to the file system. Since I have multiple shares for my stuff, this would be annoying...esp if I lose it every time I update firmware. I can't even find decent instructions on how to mount a windows file share to the Android OS that will automatically reconnect after reboots (Google is usually pretty helpful in this regard).

Once XBMC is sorted out and stable, I can finally decommission my old Asus O!Play.

I was able to decommission many of my XBMC devices with the Pivos Xios DS (officially supported by XBMC).. Its not a very powerful device, but if you replace the android firmware with the linux firmware, it runs great, even for 1080p.

(2013-01-17, 19:03)rapalax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-26, 10:03)IguanaC64 Wrote: [ -> ]I bought the Minix Neo X5 and I love it so far. Lots of stuff to mess with and plenty of ports. I've had bad luck trying to run XBMC Live on a PC. First machine would commonly corrupt the main partition when my wife tried to watch DVDs on the DVD drive (no matter how much I tried to tell her to stop doing that and I figured I'd upgrade it soon anyway). So I upgraded the box to an AMD Fusion and after a few weeks it quit booting. Now I just want a decent piece of hardware that I can run XBMC on. The Neo X5 has bluetooth (so I can pair wiimotes and PS3 controllers to it out of the box), wireless/wired networking, eSata port, 3 USB ports...so far running emulators on it has been pretty flawless. Heat is pretty much a non-issue and hardware acceleration seems good for the one PS1 game I played. My biggest disappointment (after the lack of XBMC hardware acceleration) is that the Hulu Plus app doesn't work yet. I tried accessing Hulu Plus through PlayOn and it just crashes when I try to watch a show (I get all the way to selecting the episode...hit play...crash).

I was able to decommission many of my XBMC devices with the Pivos Xios DS (officially supported by XBMC).. Its not a very powerful device, but if you replace the android firmware with the linux firmware, it runs great, even for 1080p.
I'm affraid on Neo X5 there are no option to install any kind of Linux distribution. You have to stick with Android.
Ten days ago, first XBMC builds with hw acceleration started comming out. They are available here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/

I've tried http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk on MK808 which has RK3066 CPU/Mali 400GPU and it works flawlessly.

Pages: 1 2 3 4