Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo (12) - manually added trailer and trailer poster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thik I've found a BUG in Frodo (beta 1 and 2)

My folder "FAMILY GUY" contains:
Family guy 3 - It's a trap.mkv
Family guy 3 - It's a trap.tbn
Family guy 3 - It's a trap-trailer.mov
Family guy 3 - It's a trap-trailer.tbn
Family guy 3 - It's a trap.nfo

in "Family guy 3 - It's a trap.nfo" I have:
<movie>
<title>It's a trap</title>
<sorttitle>Family guy 3</sorttitle>
<set>FAMILY GUY TRILOGY</set>
<year>2010</year>
<runtime>57</runtime> //runtime in minutes
<genre>Cartoon</genre>
</movie>

If I select "Move information", and than select "Triler" - XBMC Frodo (Beta 1 and 2) will not show trailer poster

In XBMC v11 everything works perfectly

I hope I did not post this in wrong forum
.tbn needs to be renamed to .jpg or .png for Frodo. The tbn extension is a leftover from the old xbox days.
Really? So all .tbn are now .jpg? And .png works? Cool Smile

But - renaming
Family guy 3 - It's a trap-trailer.tbn
to
Family guy 3 - It's a trap-trailer.jpg
does not fix the problem - same thing happens (and I've deleted Textures13.db - if that has any effect)
Only thing I can do is reinstal XBMC 12 - Beta 2 and try installing it again
Try refreshing that one movie first
OK, I must be doing something very wrong, because changing .tbn to .jpg results in not having movie poster nor trailer poster.

So, I have uninstaled Frodo 12-beta 2 and now I have this inside my movie folder:
Family guy 3 - It's a trap.mkv
Family guy 3 - It's a trap.jpg
Family guy 3 - It's a trap-trailer.mov
Family guy 3 - It's a trap-trailer.jpg
Family guy 3 - It's a trap.nfo

and now I can not see ANY poster
with .tbn I had movie poster but not trailer poster
with .jpg I have none Sad
If it's a poster, it would be named <filename>-poster.(jpg|png).

If it's a thumb (i.e. no particular size) it is named <filename>-thumb.(jpg|png).

Note that <filename>.tbn still works just fine for backward-compatibility, however <filename>.jpg/png will not.

Your issue appears to be something to do with the trailer only. IIRC we assign the trailer item based on the original item, so you should (theoretically) have gotten the poster/fanart etc. for the original item, in your case "Family guy 3 - It's a trap.tbn".

Does it happen only with local trailers, or does it happen with all trailers?

Cheers,
Jonathan
(2012-12-04, 00:28)ivan Wrote: [ -> ]Really? So all .tbn are now .jpg? And .png works? Cool Smile

.tbn is a jpg with renamed extension always has been. Big Grin

uNi

OK, filename-poster.jpg works for movie, but still no poster for trailer.
All my trailer are local trailers - I have deleted .nfo and Family guy 3 - It's a trap-trailer.mov, but when I refresh movie information and hit "Trailer" - nothing happens (maby there isnt trayler for that movie)

Maby this approach would be better:
I have movie, trailer and one poster (I want to use same poster in movie and trailer)
Let say that movie has some simple name....like Hannibal
Can you please write exactly what files and their names I must have in order to have poster on both movie and trailer
Fixed the trailer stuff in 8dd07c9. Note that it inherits the art from the 'parent' item, thus you don't require your separate art for it from the video info dialog.
@ jmarshal:
Thank you for lookin into my problem, but I don't udenrstand what I must do next. I've found something with code 8dd07c9 here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/8dd0...7d396680a4

but I don't know what I must do (copy code somewhere, or replace some file or what).
I know it is a pain dealing with noobs like me, but I will learn fast Smile
wait for the next nightly build...
OK, tnx
waiting then
just want to say: Thank you Team XBMC
everything works perfect with nightly build "XBMCSetup-20121204-cbb08fb-master"
You're most welcome. Enjoy Smile
In my library I have *.tbn files for all files *and* folders. Using beta 2 *.tbn files still work for the movie files, however it does not for folders.
I tried renaming a few of the folder files to *.png and to *-thumb.png and *neither* works. Is thumbs for subfolders not supported any more?
I should mention that I am using 2:12.0~git20121202.0943-beta2-0oneiric from the Ubuntu unstable ppa running under Linux mint 13.