Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bluray playlist help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to XBMC, but am learning fast and having fun!

So I have over 1500 movie titles in my collection, and about 600 of them are Blu-Rays, the rest DVDs. I rarely watch the DVDs any more, so I'd like to just create a list that contains only the Blu-Rays. The Blu-Rays are in ISO file format. After searching on these forums it appears the only way I can create this Blu-Ray list is to create a smart playlist and then filter it.

So I've done this by creating a smart playlist with a filter of "Find items where video resolution is 1080p". At first none of the Blu-Ray titles would show up in the playlist, then I figured out I had to play the Blu-Ray so that XBMC can determine the video format. After I play a Blu-Ray ISO file, then it would show up in the smart playlist. My question is, do I have to play every Blu-Ray in my collection to get it into the playlist or is there a simpler way, perhaps with a media tag? I've tried numerous media tags, like "bluray" but without luck. Is there a faster way to do this?

And while I'm at it, a second question: What is the fastest way to find a movie in the library? Do I need to filter or search every time? Past software I've used allowed me to just press a letter or series of letters on the keyboard (like AVA for Avatar) and it would jump me immediately to this movie.

thanks much! Frodo is AWESOME
Personally I keep all my bluray movies in a separate folder from movies from other sources, so I just create a smart playlist that checks if the path contains "bluray"
That works great! Thanks Sialivi!