Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: turning fanart off for movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am trying to turn off the fan-art for my movies i still want to leave the fanart on for shows but i find with movie a far amount of them have no fan-art probably because the movie is old or is not a mainstream release so i decided to keep things looking in line with each other i would set a default wallpaper in this case being a cinema screen with curtains and have that display for every movie and just have the movie posters to tell which movie is which i have tried a few things but cannot get it to work properly

i have re-scanned source drive with the fanart option turned off in the tmdb scraper i have deleted all the fanart.jpg in the folders of each movie and i have rrun a clean library and still when the movies get scanned in whatever ones can be found fanart is downloaded and added does anyone know a way to prevent fanart of from being downloaded or scanned in for movies
The fan art is being picked up from the cached fanart.

bin everything in /%user%/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails

and probably the textures.db

and rescan
Bare in mind

IF nuking that Thumbnails folder though all art image types (for movies and tv shows) will be gone.

uNi