Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing Source Server Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run 3 XBMC installs in my home, 2 on Windows and 1 on Linux. All of them read from a MySQL database, read from the network share for thumbnails, read all settings files except advancedsettings.xml from the network share.

I just upgraded my file server and changed it's name last night. I imported my MySQL database backups and remounted all the storage.

At first XBMC showed me all my tv shows and movies but nothing would play, It kept trying to play from the old source so I looked in the database and saw the table Path had the column strPath set to the old server's DNS name so I updated the whole table with the IP address instead of the DNS name (the IP address stayed the same). Then I updated my sources.xml (which is shared between all clients) to use the IP address as well and my advancedsettings.xml.

Now All my movies and TV shows play properly and everything works great except my fanart and thumbnails. XBMC is displaying the default thumbnail (I think it's a screenshot of the video at 10% into the video) instead of the ones it scraped from TMDB and TVDB.

I can not figure out why it's not displaying my thumbnails and fanart correctly. I really do not want to rebuild the database as it holds about 9000 video files and it took a long time to get it perfect.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Hashes for thumbs are built from the full url of the media. You changed the url (it had the dnsname and now has the ip). So the hashes are not matching anymore and the thumbnails can't be assigned. Sounds like rebuilding will fix it.
@Memphiz you magnanimous presence is kindly requested > http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147152 <

Sorry for the jump and offtopic.

See ya around memph

uNi