Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sound problems on some xvids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

i got problems getting sound on some xvids. i stream this from a server through xbmc. this happened after a xbmc update a few weeks ago.

these work fine on pc.

i tried a new build dated 1. sept - but same problems here..

i checked the codec dir in mplayer and all are updated etc.

anyone have any suggestions on what to try?
enable "no-cache" in xbmc settings (this disables the cache/buffer), if that helps then the problem is badly interleaved avi's (search the forum for "virtualdub")
thanks, ill give it a try
no that didnt work..

presuming i did it right, set it to 0 on lan under cache in settings.

this is all movies (i got a share for the kids) that has worked before, but not anymore..

i tried an older xbmc today without any results, i mightve not gone back long enough ;p
thanks for the directions pike.

though this didnt result in any changes :/

still no audio on some xvids. i deleted the xbmc directory today , and grabbed an month old build, but same thing there..

any other suggestions?
1. delete xbmc's database files: *.db from e:\apps\xbmc\albums\ (if e:\apps\xbmc\ is the installation folder), then test if still have the problem.

2. delete the xbox cache: "e:\cache\*.*", "y:\*.*", "x:\*.*", "z:\*.*", then test if still have the problem.

3. delete xbmc game-save: both "0face008" folders under e:\udata & e:\tdata, then test if still have the problem.
hi,

thanks a lot for the reply gamester17.

i tried all these things, but with no luck.

i dont have y: , x: or z: , does this matter?

ive been streaming this all through a smb share, i tried to copy some non working films over to the actual xbox hdd - but no change..

giving up on me now? :p
bah - works now!

sorry for the mess :p

what the prob was: i had 2 xbmc dirs, one on e:/ and one on f:/ - i deleted the one on e: - and now i have sound!

thanks a lot for the patience and tips!