Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc mce remote and insteon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mayhem Insteon update: I bought a media center remote control that works out of the box with xbmc. Using the xbmc mce remote add-on I was able to determine what the function of the four colored buttons on the remote are. They all send keystrokes ctrl/alt/1 thru 4. You can change these to whatever you want. I just used the original programming.
Then I started mayhem and created the insteon event, on press of ctrl/alt/3, with action to brighten the movie room lights. Second event ctrl/alt/4 to dim the lights You have to add the insteon device by holding the set button. You cannot add by entering the insteon Id. Function is limited to on/off/ fast on or off, brighten, dim. You cannot set an on level or activate a scene. So very basic function, but this works. I'm considering the IR linc, but the reviews and price have led me to hold off. For xbmc fans, xbmc did not lose focus when adjusting the lights with the remote.

Mayhem insteon page:
http://makemayhem.com/Packages/Insteon.Mayhem