Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where to change HDMI setting in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the classic Sony TV HDMI handshake pink screen problem.

Sony say its a HDMI setting on the end device.

I found this on an apple tv forum....

"THE ANSWER: (from someone else - but it solved everything) To get rid of the pink screen on your AppleTV just go to SETTINGS. Then HDMI OUTPUT and select either HIGH OR LOW. It defaults to "Auto" which may be incorrect for your TV set. The tell tail sign for me was that when I restarted Apple TV, the screen and the Apple logo were in black and white (showing properly) so I knew the cables were also working properly. Then it would all go pink. The set would go pink when the "Auto" setting was turned on during the booting process. Once I changed the HDMI setting, all was fine. Hope this helps!"

Now where in XBMC can you change anything like that? I see nothing on this in the video out settings

I am running XBMC Openelec on a Acer Revo R70

please help desperate
XBMC doesn't have any settings like that as far as I know. It's usually part of the display driver.
(2012-12-05, 19:23)Malosar Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC doesn't have any settings like that as far as I know. It's usually part of the display driver.

ah does that mean updating to Frodo will give me new drivers?

On an openelec setup you have nowhere to update drivers yourself do you>