Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i ask this because i saw these screens that are in this part of the thread, and they got my attention, and i want to know how they have do this, a 3D option that i don´t have

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147285&page=20

just one more thing "off to" do you know how to open a saved movie library, without the media inserted? i ask this because i lost all my movies, because the external disc has broken by itself....and now i can´t know wich movies i had, because XBMC doesn´t found the media and don´t open that file for me any more

it will be a great help for this matter to

thank you and sorry the off topic, but if know where can i ask this i will be much appreciated
(2013-11-15, 02:20)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]So where is the stereo setting stored once found or toggled? couldn't it be stored in Videodb along with the other infos?
Sorry for my lack of knowledge of the XBMC core.
Well, it's stored in db, but in different places. Ideally it should be in stream details only just like any other video info (codec, size, ...) but unfortunately I can't update this info at a later point after initial creation by dvdplayer + it will be overridden again on each playback of the video. Then we have the manually defined stereoscopic mode stored in the videosettings table (where subtitle offsets etc are store per video). And lastly the fielname parser which is not stored in DB. So this stuff is already cluttered enough and adding yet another flag to the DB that combines all the different checks and also needs to be updated everytime any other thing changes is IMO a no go. Ideally we should be able to rely on the stream info and use this flag, but it's just not working like this yet. Need to talk to others on how to improve that. Suggestions welcome ofc
(2013-11-15, 08:28)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: [ -> ]just one more thing "off to" do you know how to open a saved movie library, without the media inserted? i ask this because i lost all my movies, because the external disc has broken by itself....and now i can´t know wich movies i had, because XBMC doesn´t found the media and don´t open that file for me any more
Please don't go off topic here and ask this in a new thread in our help section.
(2013-10-20, 16:46)diems Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also a huge fan of the feature. I use windows 7 with HDMI connected to a LG 3D TV.
The current sbs mode is way to eye straining for me. The screens are too far apart. Adjustment for 3D depth (ie manually move the screen overlap in Stereoscopic HSBS or HOU) would be a great feature.

I was also curious if this can be adjusted in the source code (to compile for myself) so I could experiment?

Thanks, Diems

I have the same problem of Diems but with a different hardware configuration: MacMini with Mavericks and XBMC 13 Gotham (many different nightly and monthly builds) and LG 55La620 Cinema 3D, If use the mkv movie directly with LG all works fine, but If i pass it through Mac and XBMC i got two images very far apart (about 1/10 of the screen or something less). In my opinion this means that the movie is Ok and the problem is related to XBMC conf, isn't it?
Where could I make some more try (I've already tested with monitor settings on Mac and XBMC, but was not able to find a good combination, the result is always the same) Huh

Forgot to say that during one of my tries I was able to get that good combination, but without being able to remember how !!!!

Thanks, Lucianop
(2013-11-15, 08:28)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: [ -> ]i ask this because i saw these screens that are in this part of the thread, and they got my attention, and i want to know how they have do this, a 3D option that i don´t have

To view this menu you should define a shortcut key in keyboard.xml. Example : <f1>stereomode</f1>
(2013-11-15, 16:14)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-15, 08:28)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: [ -> ]i ask this because i saw these screens that are in this part of the thread, and they got my attention, and i want to know how they have do this, a 3D option that i don´t have

To view this menu you should define a shortcut key in keyboard.xml. Example : <f1>stereomode</f1>

ok my friend, is there a tutorial? i don´t know what you mean.

thank You

(2013-11-15, 11:29)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-15, 08:28)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: [ -> ]just one more thing "off to" do you know how to open a saved movie library, without the media inserted? i ask this because i lost all my movies, because the external disc has broken by itself....and now i can´t know wich movies i had, because XBMC doesn´t found the media and don´t open that file for me any more
Please don't go off topic here and ask this in a new thread in our help section.

ok my friend thank you i´m sorry
(2013-11-15, 14:40)lucianop Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem of Diems but with a different hardware configuration: MacMini with Mavericks and XBMC 13 Gotham (many different nightly and monthly builds) and LG 55La620 Cinema 3D, If use the mkv movie directly with LG all works fine, but If i pass it through Mac and XBMC i got two images very far apart (about 1/10 of the screen or something less). In my opinion this means that the movie is Ok and the problem is related to XBMC conf, isn't it?
Where could I make some more try (I've already tested with monitor settings on Mac and XBMC, but was not able to find a good combination, the result is always the same) Huh

Forgot to say that during one of my tries I was able to get that good combination, but without being able to remember how !!!!

Thanks, Lucianop

Solved !!! Overscan in Monitor Preferences of MacMini did the trick, side effect is that top menu of OS-X has disappeared from the screen but I can live with this. Anyway I've tried Raspberry solution with Raspbian and the result was incredible, that little toy works really fine with HD movies and 3D movies as well using my smartphone as remote controller, really impressive!!!

thanks to the Team !!!
(2013-11-16, 00:52)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-15, 16:14)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

Check the xbmc wiki to read how to edit keyboard.xml file.
(2013-11-16, 06:56)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-16, 00:52)Al_Jourgensen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-15, 16:14)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]To view this menu you should define a shortcut key in keyboard.xml. Example : <f1>stereomode</f1>

Check the xbmc wiki to read how to edit keyboard.xml file.

a little bit confusing, isn´t there an easy way

Thank you a lot for all the information
What are you trying to do?
have this pictures

in my context menu
And have you read all 69 pages in this thread and named your files appropriately?
You don't even need this menu if you name your files correctly. Follow a naming rule like 'Avatar.3D.SBS.Blu-Ray.mkv' or 'Avatar.3D.OU.Blu-Ray.mkv'. The 'Blu-Ray' word is optional, it will show 3D Blu-Ray case in Aeon Nox skin. When you play this movie, a 3D menu will appear in the videos OSD.

If you want to edit the keyboard.xml file then open the folder 'C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps' and copy the keyboard.xml file to 'C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps'. This folder is usually hidden. Open the copied keyboard.xml file in notepad and add <f1>stereomode</f1> as shown

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <p>Play</p>
      <q>playlist.clear</q>
      <f1>stereomode</f1>

Start xbmc and press 'F1' to view the 3d modes.
Do you plan to make Frame Sequential output format?
not for the upcoming release, no