Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need to reboot to fix choppy movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 ATV2s, both with XBMC installed. One streams movies/videos from a storage array fine (wireless). The other is choppy, keeps buffering, etc (wired), on the same videos. I believe it also does the same thing wireless (I checked awhile ago). The only way to fix it is to unplug the ATV2, and plug it back in - hard reboot. Then things work fine.

....Until a few days later when I try to watch another video.

Any ideas?
Do you watch Netflix on the device with the choppy video issue?
No issues with Netflix. Just XBMC
I just reinstalled XBMC. Perhaps that will fix it.
I've noticed the same thing since updating my ATV2s to Frodo... After watching Netflix, going back to XBMC will result in stuttering (both UI and videos.) I'll try to post a debug log after an extended Netflix session.
Netflix is known to not release system resources when it's done using them, causing issues for XBMC.
I believe you are right. XBMC worked flawlessly after reinstall. So I just started a Netflix video, then stopped it and went back to XBMC - and not it stutters again. I will try on my other ATV2.
Oddly enough, only happens on 1 of my 2 ATV2s. Bought them at the same time. I also discovered that exiting then restarting XBMC corrects the issue - I do not need to completely reboot the ATV2.
Yeah exiting XBMC kills the main process of the atv2 firmware which frees all ressources.